All reviews bicycle theme free coffee machine comfortable bed budapest city taxi rank the river balcony door gold member bus metro air con friendly reception lots of hot water following morning good sized bathroom hot options varied breakfast front office
Reviewed 7 November 2017

This hotel has an unhealthy obsession with bicycles. Bikes and bike parts are everywhere, sprinkled around the lobby and integrated into the corporate 'art' that hangs on all the walls. The hotel gurus who designed this probably wanted to get real, get down with the kids or something. But it's very fake.

Main problem, however, is the heating system. My room was over-heated, so before retiring I set the fan to max and turned the thermostat way down low,. At 2.30 in the morning I was woken by truly oppressive heat. Drenched in sweat, heart pounding and head splitting, I groped for the thermostat controls only to discover that they were entirely for show. Nothing worked. I had finally arrived in hell.

I crawled naked across the floor of my fan-assisted oven, wrenched the window open and staggered onto the balcony, much to the amusement of a rabble of late night taxi drivers.

I had to be up early for a working breakfast. You know those mornings when you really need good coffee? On the plus side, the coffee at Styles hotel is free. On the debit side, it is undrinkable. In fact, the breakfast is very poor overall.

So what is good about Ibis Styles? Their staff. Keen, smart, great people.

Room Tip: Top floor may be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
BudapestHotelGM, General Manager at Ibis Styles Budapest City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Paul C,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Styles Budapest City. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Every ibis styles hotel in the world has a theme, and our is the bicycle, this is why you can see patterns of it everywhere.
Unfortunately the heating-cooling system is a one-way system, either it can heat or cool, and from the middle of October we need to set the heating on.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

I was really surprised to get this service from all the crew. The hotel was good situated near bus and tram station. It is a quiet hotel with a nice breakfast in the morning, i enjoyed it. It's budget hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Excellent location. Very good and varied breakfast. Super polite staff and a very chic designer room with a beautiful view of Danube river and Gellert Hid and Buda Castle. It was rainy most of the time but hotel made it up by providing free hot drinks (coffee, tea) and Gold Member welcome drinks. The only thing we regret is we had little time to stay more days. Highly recommended hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floor to have a better view of Danube and south-central Budapest.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel was fine with staff helpful check in and were strict with check in times, even if it were an hour earlier.

Breakfast was pretty standard but extremely busy. A machine broke down and forks were queuing up for coffee.

What they can improve on was firstly the stinky toilets which was put off and the rooms had only heating the time of year we were visiting.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
BudapestHotelGM, General Manager at Ibis Styles Budapest City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear gercrys,

At Ibis Styles, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Despite the chain saying they have attention to detail, the room wasn't ready on time. This wouldn't have been so bad on it's own but we then found the safe in our room didn't work.

The somewhat rude staff suggested we carry all of our valuables around Budapest for the evening instead..........

Hotel is quite far out of the centre - there are better and cheaper hotels around....... I'd give this one a miss!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
BudapestHotelGM, General Manager at Ibis Styles Budapest City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Mark V,