US$152
1 008
1 240
1 008
1 240
All reviewsnice hotelthermal watersalt cavemargaret islandthe riverspa centerswimming poolspa servicesgreat spacity centrebusiness tripdanube viewmetro stationpleasant stayper daypublic transportexcellent breakfast
98 - 103 of 2 775 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stayed here as part of our honeymoon and the experience was excellent! The hotel is great and the spa services top notch. I would recommend 100%. It's a bit out of the tourism center of the city, but it's a matter of half hour walking, which is ok.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DHFrontOfficeManager, Vezető at Danubius Hotel Helia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear apique758071,

Let me express my thankfulness to you for writing down your thoughts and impressions about our lovely hotel.

I am very happy to hear that you chose Danubius Hotel Heliafor such a special occasion as your honeymoon, I sincerely hope that we will have the chance of welcoming you again one day in the hotel, you will be always waited with warm welcome. It filled me with great happiness that you complimented the beautiful thermal baths.

Hopefully, we will have the chance of hosting you again one day in Danubius Hotel Helia, we will wait you with warm welcome all the time.

Warn regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Good hotel, clean and comfortable. We stayed in room 621 and the shower head wouldn't stay upright which made for a tricky shower experience! The hotel is undergoing some refurb which we knew about and was no problem - this was reflected in the price which was great value. The room service left a lot to be desired and the bathroom was not cleaned. The duvet was literally thrown on - no finesse. The breakfast was below average and there wa snot enough seating for guests. The porridge had no much salt in it was inedible. No wiping of tables and there was a lot of dust around because of the work. The staff need training on how to run a breakfast room and turn tables around. We loved Budapest and stayed out all day. Good hotel, great value.

Dear sodie69,

I would like to thank you very much for your feedback, we do appreciate compliments as well as constructive criticism.

Firstly, I was really happy to hear that you decided to stay in our high standard hotel, I sincerely hope that if you take into consideration every minute of your stay, you did not regret choosing this place as your accommodation. At the same time, I would like to sincerely apologise for all the inconvenience that you experienced during the time you spent in our hotel, you can be completely sure that we will carefully consider everything you write down.

It would be nice to welcome you again one day in the hotel, we will always wait you with warm welcome.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Breakfast was really great and had a lot of selection. At night it did get very noisy a few times due to parties and guests coming back, and because of construction of the lobby the elevators and front desk service was very slow. I would say location of hotel was great as easily accessible to public bus stops.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DHFrontOfficeManager, Vezető at Danubius Hotel Helia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear marcoose19,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Danubius Hotel Helia recently.
It is delightful to read that you were entirely content with our lavish breakfast selection, I hope it was a great start of your days. Also, thank you for your compliments on our central location, I hope you could make the most of your stay in Budapest.
At the same time please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by the ongoing construction works in the hotel. Our aim is to maintain the high standards represented by our hotel and therefore time after time we need to do some renovations and refurbishment of the building. Naturally we always do our best in order to not to disturb the holiday of our guests and we are pleased to be at your disposal anytime, should you have any problems or requests.
Overall, thank you very much for taking the time to share a Tripadvisor review about our hotel and we hope to have you back soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I have not left the hotel during my dance weekend vacation and used all the facilities of the premises: breakfast, a swimming pool, thermal baths... The hotel was clean, the staff was client=oriented. I liked the way we were checked-in - as I stayed with my friend we were offered a separate payment which was very convenient. The hotel team noticed that I had a birthday during the stay - I was heartily welcome by a tasty and pretty desert! I do appreciate this considerate attitude! Thank you so much for attentive and unnoticeable caring!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DHFrontOfficeManager, Vezető at Danubius Hotel Helia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear talia12018,

I am very happy to hear that you had a nice stay in Danubius Hotel Helia, I sincerely hope that we will have the chance of welcoming you again one day in the hotel, you will be always waited with warm welcome. Thank you for mentioning the variable and delicious breakfast we provide to our dear guests. I am also glad to see you were satisfied not just with our spa facilities, but also with our friendly and helpful staff. We are truly proud of them.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I have used the Helia. 3 times now, and i have never been disappointed with the Hotel or the service. This time however the restaurant was not up to the standard I was used to. I understand the building work had to be completed and this required the restaurant to be moved on a temporary basis. The yellow bistro was superb and I ate there several times. I will be back next year.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DHFrontOfficeManager, Vezető at Danubius Hotel Helia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear robin i,

I would like to express our gratitude for being so kind to share your thoughts about your recent stay in our hotel.
At the same time, we would like to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you experienced in our hotel, you can be completely sure that we will take notes about your recommendations, as the feedbacks of our visitors are extremely important to us.
Once again, thank you for your feedback, we hope that we will have the opportunity of hosting you again here.

Best regards,