“Outstanding”

Price range: US$12 - US$28
Cuisines: French, Hungarian, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Description: Italian –French-Hungarian Bistro cuisineTradition & Evolution Our Executive Chef, Levente Kovacs thinks this way about our cuisine:“The youthful and modern bistro cuisine is my world, it can renew day by day, it combines the gastronomic ‘lifestyle’ of different places in the world, even on one plate, in a way that, I don't use hundreds of spices with each other, but I’m trying to create exciting contrasts. I do a kind of kitchen minimal-design because simple can be great also. It causes difficulties sometimes for me to not to put all my ideas into one dish. I’m trying to use the raw materials as they were given to me by nature itself, changing only as much as I need. And then we get to a point, where simple is not so simple anymore. Ease and great tasting harmony in life, in the kitchen and on the plate.Simple is hard. Enjoy!”What else can we say? The Chess Restaurant is an intimate place in black and white, absolutely a place to get together frequently, where You can try new dishes day by day with it’s always renewing kitchen creativity, served simply and clearly.The Chess Restaurant opened, it’s Your move now!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Just finished dinner.....The food was amazing and the waiting staff are by far the friendliest and most helpful we have come across in the whole week weve been here. They are an absolute asset to the restaurant. They have made our week in hungary by being super friendly, attentive, taking time to explain things and more importantly showing a sense of humour...something we had not seen until this evening. If you do anything while in budapest...go for dinner!!!!

KittiSzabo, Vezető at Chess Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Tracey R,

To begin with, we would like to thank you for mentioning how friendly the staff was. I am more than glad to know you had a great experience when you visited us.

Thank you again for your review, I hope to have you back here as our guest in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food was really good with a nice ambience. The services are very polite and attentive. The price for the food is reasonable. This restaurant also located near shopping center and easy to find.

Dear Maria Anindita D,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our restaurant. Also, I would like to thank you for visiting us.

I hope to have you back here as our guest in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Discovered this bistro from Trip Advisor. We went here for our first dining in Budapest. It was all we could've asked. Both the non-vegetarian and vegetarian meals were delicious, service was excellent. Located near shopping district, we walked there.

Dear Shinta y,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our restaurant. I am more than glad to know you had a great experience when you visited us.
I hope to have you back here as our guest in the not so distant future!

Kitti Szabó - Restaurant manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Delicious food and great service from the waiters. Lovely and cosy atmosphere - Can strongly recommend!

Dear lasseuha,

It was so nice of you to take the time out of your day to share your feedback. I am glad to read that you had a great dining experience.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The pear pasta was absolutely amazing, a strange pairing but it really worked! The beef as well was tender and succulent. A must if you visit Budapest!

Dear Alex S,

I hope to have you back here as our guest in the not so distant future!