“Rubbish Place! Bad service! Arrogant staff!”
Review of For Sale Pub

For Sale Pub
Ranked #564 of 3 632 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Hungarian
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

If you want to have the staff of a restaurant spoil your evening go here. It is a dirty place and staff is very unfriendly and impolite. I doubt about hygiene as well so go there on your own risk! Think they need to replace all staff and manager and restart again as couple of years ago it was okay, but no can't anyone advise to go there! Also they only accept cash so you are supporting black money circuit to go here.

Write a ReviewReviews (3 360)

77 - 81 of 3 360 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

From my research For Sale Pub was a name I had seen a lot of and heard was a bit of a Budapest institution on the cities ruin bar scene.

When you first walk through the door you are left god smacked with all the letters from people who have visited and the straw across the floor, plus buckets of peanuts dotted everywhere, where you are encouraged to drop the shells onto the floor.

All this should add up to a really good bar that you would want to spend all day in..... then the charm wares off when you order a beer.

1000 HUF (£3) for a beer, in a city where it’s 350 HUF (80p-£1) on average!!!!!

I really did have to say “excuse me???” to the barmaid, expecting I had misheard, but nope, so we drank our beers and left for cheaper bars.

If the beer prices could be better, this would hands down be the best bar in Budapest, but it’s a bar with a charm about it that is let down by its prices.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Overall its a great place to visit. It’s different, hay on the floor, paper from previous clients on the wall... Gorgeous. The food, at least what I order was good. I first thought it was a bit expensive but the plate is huge. It will feed two people perfectly. Now the issues: 1st - I ordered a dish of chicken and mash potatoes and my friend, eggs and they put them all together. If we order two distinctive things, bring them separately. The waiter was not happy when I said it wasn’t what I ordered (I cannot eat eggs). 2nd - the staff was cranky, only one woman was smiling. I didn’t know we were supposed to toss the peanut shell on the floor, so I put in a plate on the table and she just passed through tossing them on the floor and complaining (not only at my table). 3rd - we paid and they did not give us the right change back. We were so done that we just left it for them. 4th: They were even rude in the way they communicated to a couple that they cant have a seat yet because the table isn’t clean and because there were apparently others waiting for a table (which they were unaware of because you just come in and grab a table) and the couple was shocked in the way it was said so they left...with their family who was outside waiting. Bottom of line, go for the experience but knowing that customer service is not a priority.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The food was tasteless and cold and the waiters rushed us into finishing and leaving so they could seat another group.
Do not waste your time on this place - the soup is better across the street, in the food market.

1  Thank atidtet2
Reviewed 29 March 2018

We stumbled upon For Sale Pub, shortly before midnight on our first day in Budapest. From outside, the pub seemed to be closed, but my husband had googled it, so we took a chance...so happy we did!

The place was buzzing inside. We had a friendly server (even for that late hour) and the kitchen was thankfully still open. We ordered two mains to share between the four of us (having read that the portions are huge) and still had leftovers.

The Veal Soup was the best thing ever!!! And the prices - ridiculously good value - even for cheap Budapest.

We wanted to visit again before we left the city, but couldn't get a table. They are always packed!

Really a MUST when in Budapest.