Reviews (1 859)
1 859 results
1 382
1 382
All reviews mulled wine free sangria small bottle of wine l'occitane toiletries roof terrace small kitchenette deluxe apartment pedestrianised street hot wings little touches kitchen area excellent hotel within walking distance breakfast was delicious breakfast room location is great bars and restaurants
20 - 25 of 1 859 reviews
Reviewed 15 October 2018

We booked this hotel after reading all of the positive reviews. It's in a lovely location in the city, the staff are fantastic, breakfast is excellent and the rooms are good, but not great.

We booked an Executive Double and perhaps it was something to do with the one we were allocated, but it was an odd shape, which gave it a disjointed and cold feel. And the bathroom was tiny, you could barely get in and out of the shower cubicle. Given the hotel was quite a bit more expensive than other options we also considered, not sure I would return.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Bela_Schiffler, Operations Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear „hwilson012”, It was my pleasure to read your review about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was glad to learn that you described our Staff helpful and you also enjoyed our heartily selected breakfast. Thank you very much also for highlighting our prime location. I was sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your room. As we are a boutique hotel all of our room are different, and we would have been more than happy to offer you another one upon request. We will more than happy to welcome back again in our property in the near future to prove you the real Opera Garden experience.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

We had an appartement with kitchenett (including a good refrigerator). The room was very nice, big, with a table for 4 people.
We have been upgraded to a 4 room appartment, therefore there was also a gallery with 2 additional beds (which we didn't use, since we were only 2).
Internet is quite fast, was working in the whole hotel, evenin the restaurants nearby.
Breakfast was very nice with the selection there is layed out already. Additionally, you can order additional menues, if you like.
Staff was always friendly. Rooms were very clean.
In the night, you might have to close the windows, since the noise from people out in the alley were quite loud.
Summary: A very nice hotel to stay, a bit away from the center, but in a good walking distance to any interesting point in the city.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear „Beat K”, It was my pleasure to read your comprehensive review about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was glad to learn how much you liked your clean spacious upgraded apartment and the super fast wi-fi along with the friendliness of our Staff. Thank you very much for highlighting the rich breakfast selection and the a la carte menu also. I was glad to learn that you could take advantage of the lively neighborhood and you could easily reach the main points of the city. I would like to thank you for all the appreciate words and please let me know if I can assist you with any future reservation.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

This is such a gem of a place to stay.

Really great location that is also in a safe area with loads of restaurants.

We did use the Hop On Hop Off bus, but otherwise we walked everywhere (including back from a river cruise with 2 kids, but it was a fair walk).

Fantastic breakfast at the hotel. Really yummy food including omelettes made to order. Filled us up!

We had a 2 storey apartment for the 4 of us. There was a mix up in our room, and the first night we were quite squished (we could not sit down at the table when the sofa bed was made up). But when we changed rooms, the new room was larger and amazing.

Our apartment was street level and faces onto the pedestrian part of the street. The Saturday night we stayed there was pretty loud, with a large number of people leaving the pub and restaurants nearby making quite a bit of noise (we found out in the morning our top window was open, that may have contributed to it). The other 2 nights were really quiet and we had great sleep.

The air conditioners are really cool and efficient.

Free Sangria in the afternoons as well.

The rooms were really clean (the best we have had in Europe including through Novotels).

The heated towel rack was fantastic! We actually washed socks and undies and they were dry the next morning.

L’occitane toiletries were also a lovely touch (and good to use).

All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Their English was really good.

We ate at the Drop restaurant a couple of times. Yummy food with English menu and English speaking waiters.

We would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend it.

Tip: if night time noise worries you, ask for a high room, or check the windows are all closed.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 818bretto

Dear „Brett O”, I would like to thank you very much for your superb review posted about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It made me really glad that we were able to give you such a memorable hotel experience and you were satisfied. I was thrilled to see that you could take advantage of our central location and nicely selected breakfast. along with the setup of your room. I am glad that my colleagues could be at your assistance with the room change. Thank you very much for highlighting the unique cleanliness of your room and the freebies we provide throughout the day like the homemade Sangria. Thank you very much for highlighting the luxury L’occitane amenities also. I am happy that according to our recommendation you had a nice dinner in the Drop restaurant. I am happy that according to our recommendation you had a nice dinner in the Drop restaurant. Your commending words are much appreciated.
I hope your future travels will bring you back to Budapest and we will have the chance to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

The Opera Garden Hotel is on a quiet street one long block from one of the major streets in Budapest. Despite its central location, the hotel is very quiet. My room on the third floor had a short hallway shared with the next room whose door required a key card to operate, adding a layer of security and soundproofing.

The decor is modern, if a bit bland, with the usual amenities.There is a subway station and bus stops on the main drag which is a short walk away. The street that fronts the hotel is a pedestrian walkway with three restaurants on this block alone. I ate a couple of times at Drop, a gluten-free restaurant, directly across from the hotel.

The breakfast is ample and varied and the stations are restocked very quickly. The waiters will take orders for omelettes made to your liking which is a nice bonus and there's an outdoor seating area which, the weather being unseasonably warm in Budapest, was filled every morning.

The cons were the size of the bathroom and the bedding. I dislike the coverlets you often find in European hotels and the pillows (only two of them) were small and left me with a neck strain.The West End mall is an easy walk and is useful for sundries, such as sim cards and tattoos.

Friendly staff. A table by the elevator that was stocked with pretzels, cookies, or bread with a selection of olive oils and lemonade or Sangria to drink which was nice touch. My room didn't have a view, but in Budapest there are plenty of views right outside the doors.

All in all, a pleasant place to spend 5 nights.

Room tip: The top floor, which Europeans would call the third floor and Americans would call the fourth floor is quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Bela_Schiffler, Operations Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear „Jonathan C”, I would like to thank you very much for your superb review posted about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It made me really glad that we were able to give you such a memorable hotel experience and you were satisfied. I was happy to learn from your review how much you enjoyed the central but quiet location beside the lively neighborhood and our rich breakfast selection. Thank you very much for highlighting the freebies we provide throughout the day like homemade lemonade and Sangria. I have to highlight that upon request we are more than happy to provide additional pillows, I am sorry that you did not contact the reception during your visit. Your marvelous post is truly appreciated. We look forward to the next opportunity to make you feel at home in the city again. Please make sure to contact me directly for reservation.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

This was a very nice hotel located close to the city center, so it was easy to walk to everything, including Hero’s Square (take Millennium Metro back). The breakfast offering was quite nice, including pancakes and omelets made to order (cheese/onion/ham). The coffee was produced by a Dallmayr coffee machine (coffee, espresso, lattes, etc.) and was excellent. The free sangria in the lobby at 4pm was a very nice touch. The small bottle of wine in the room was nice, as well. The staff at the front desk were friendly, helpful and spoke very good English. The hotel was on a very quiet street, pedestrian only, so no noise.

Whenever I travel to Europe by myself (once a year) I always stay in 2-star or less hotels (when you close your eyes all rooms look the same theory), but when I travel with my wife to Europe (once a year), the requirement is always 4-stars. I was traveling with my wife this time. This was listed as a 4-star hotel, but in my opinion, this was a solid 3-star hotel. Room was just OK, all rooms featured outside entrance (that’s OK, it was warm). All 4-star hotels should have a bath tub, according to my wife (I agree). No bath tub here. One reason I choose this hotel was the rooftop bar, which happened to be closed for repairs at the time. Too bad. Price was close to $200 per night. This was my first trip to Budapest, so I have no first-hand experience to compare it to in the city. But from my experience, this should have been $150/night, max.

Date of stay: September 2018