Reviews (1 005)
1 005 results
All reviews breakfast room excellent location lift shaft pedestrian street mini bar recommend this hotel central location within walking distance lovely bathroom hop on hop off bus air con top floor main shopping vaci utca airport transfer the river small room
13 - 18 of 1 005 reviews
Reviewed 12 October 2018

Great location in Pest city centre, a few minutes walk from Deak Ferenc Ter - transport hub and terminus for the airport shuttle bus. On a pedestrian street so no traffic noise - shops and plenty of reasonably priced eating places within two minutes walk. Room was modern style - clean, functional and comfortable enough, but rather featureless. Friendly and helpful reception staff. Breakfast buffet on top floor with interesting selection of hot and cold foods. Breakfast room rather cramped, so advisable to get there early.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank John H
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Myself and partner stayed here for 3 nights, the hotel is in an excellent location to explore Budapest, there is a bus stop roughly a 3 minute walk away where you can catch the hop on hop off buses, and is close to many bars, restaurants and shops. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, we found the staff very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was very good there was eggs, bacon, cereals, croissants, toast, ham, cheese to name a few, we normally went about 9 and always found a table. I would recommend this hotel and if I return to Budapest this is where I would stay.

1  Thank T3894YYlisaw
Sovari_Katalin, Hotel Director at Promenade City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear T3894YYlisaw,

I greatly appreciate that you took your precious time to share your kind review with us based on your recent experience staying at our hotel.

It is amazing that you found our location excellent to explore Budapest as the bus stop was within walking distance. Moreover, I am happy to read that you highlighted your very clean and comfortable room and thank you for mentioning our very helpful and friendly staff. In addition, it felt particularly nice that you were fulfilled with our varied breakfast. Last, but not least, it makes me really happy that you would recommend our hotel and you would be very happy to come back in the future.

I would love to have the opportunity to be your host again soon!

Kind regards,
Sóvári Katalin
Hotel Director

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Fabulous hotel : staff very friendly and helpful. Ordered taxi through them : great service. Breakfast excellent with many options. Couldn’t get a better location for sightseeing and shopping price was very competitive too. Room compact but very clean and a daily cleaning service.. we would visit again.

1  Thank EILEEN M
Reviewed 19 September 2018

This hotel was just right, great location every thing from shops to bars transport all at your door step. Breakfast was good, always went about 9.30am not so crowded plenty tables and food. Rooms where clean and a good size. Will be back to this hotel, for my third visit to budapest.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank shirleyr465
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Good clean and but pretty basic hotel with a great location Taxi from the airport had a bit of trouble finding it as its on a pedestrianised area of the street and the main doorway is rather small. The hotel is above a row of shops so not easy to spot.Breakfast is good but the small room does get rather crowded at busy times and some people had to wait for a table. We ate around 8am and had less problems

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
3  Thank WirralMeandher
Sovari_Katalin, Hotel Director at Promenade City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear WirralMeandher,

I would like to thank you very much for writing such a nice review about our hotel, it means a lot to our group.

First of all, I am delighted that you appreciated the cleanliness and you were satisfied with the breakfast, however, I am so sorry that you feel it was a bit crowded. Apart from this, I hope you had a nice time with us.

We are looking forward very much to hosting you again in our hotel, I hope that you will return to us as soon as possible.

All the best,