“Dinner”
Review of Julija Restaurant

Julija Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 688 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Price range: US$0 - US$37
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We were hungry for dinner and walked past the many restaurants in the street. We picked this one on it looks and we were NOT disappointed it was great. We had the prosciutto and octopus, followed by crime brûlée for desert. All dishes were great and it was reasonably priced too. Recommend for a yummy meal.

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (3 156)

207 - 211 of 3 156 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We went two times to the Julija because the first impression and Birthday Dinner for my mom was so fantastic that we simply wanted to try other stuff from the menu the next evening. We got lucky and got a table although we hadn't reserved and really arrived at dinner time. First evening filet steaks of 3 different tastes, next day seafood, fish ... everything fantastic. The wine choice underlined the food choices! The staff: impeccable! One more reason to go back there again and again! Thank you!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Located on a really nice, historical place in center of Ljubljana, this nice restaurant welcomes you with a smile. The food is really good and the plates are prepared nicely and with a noticeable attention. The offer of typical Slovene cousine is really interesting.The house's white wine is fruity and well tasting.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

My parents come here every year when they visit. I liked it so much that I came twice on my trip; I had to take my boyfriend and my colleagues. I love the octopus dish. The ambience is delightful. The service is great as well; staff is personable.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Came here for lunch after walking down from Ljubljana Castle.

SERVICE
Very friendly waiter who gave us pumpkin seed oil for us to try on our salad as apparently Slovenians use it instead of Olive oil sometimes.

FOOD
I had a Mediterranean salad which had prawns, black olives and feta cheese on. It tasted lovely.

My partner had chicken salad which looked nice too.

OVERALL
Very nice place for lunch and when we walked past it during dinnertime, it was completely chock-a-block full.