“Great dinner”

Gostilna Na gradu
Ranked #47 of 688 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Gostilna Na Gradu is in the castle courtyard. The decor is a mix of old castle artifacts and modern like the castle. We went with a group, the food and service were excellent. Normally I would avoid any restaurant in a monument for anything more than a hot dog at the time of famine. This one is run by the couple that own Hisa Franko near Kobarid. Ana Ros is a gifted chef. More on that with my review of Hisa Franko. (The food is Slovenian and not really Croatian. In this part of the world, wars have been fought over less!
Reviewed 28 April 2017

Another great dinner place on Ljubljana castle is Gostilna na Gradu. It serves traditional slovenian food on modern way. Some of their menus were co-authored by Ana Roš, one of best chefs in Slovenia, this year the best woman chef on the world. Definitely worth visiting!

Reviewed 28 April 2017

i have lunch here with my family. The restaurant is mixture of traditional and modern Slovenian cuisine. Food was great, nice atmosphere and friendly service.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

We went to the place by recommendation from our hotel, it looks great and located on the castle court.
We ordered the gourmet special, and waited almost an full hour till we started to get the dishes. The restaurant was not crowded and there was no reason for the delay, but still we got the main dish an hour and a half after we ordered...
The food was ok, but definitely not gourmet... I ate the veal and my partner ate the sea bass.. both dishes were mediocre..
I wouldn't recommend a visit there...

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Thrioue
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Everything here oozes class. Superb mixture of traditional and modernSlovene cuisine.
Friendly and attentive service.
There of us, two locals, with different tastes had a superb dinner.
Catch the sunset from the castle tower or ramparts before your meal.

1  Thank feckerdoc
Reviewed 30 March 2017

We had lunch here after our audio guide tour of the castle. We were glad to take the weight off our feet for a while and we were even more pleased when our food arrived. I had the set menu for the day, Garlic soup (which was lush), Duck breast (which was very tender and tasty) and a layer cake to finish (which my wife ate). My wife had the wild boar which she loved. The bill came to around €48 which included a large beer and a coke, it was well worth it.