Succursal Church Of The Holy Spirit By The Lake
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 27 July 2018

One of the few historical things we did; worth supporting & walking up the steps to ring the bell. Enjoy the view from the top too!

Date of experience: July 2018
"slovenia"
"lake"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I had time to kill on the day I left Bohinj so as the door was open popped in for a quick look. I couldn't believe you had to pay to go into a church although it's free entry on the Bohinj Tourist Card so you obviously must. The frescoes were nice but unfortunately I didn't know you could go up the tower so didn't. Pity. A really nice little church I thought. Got caught by the non English speaking custodian on the way out so had to mimic no cash on me - embarrassing but as I'd got a BTC didn't feel too guilty!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Would have been a huge mistake to have passed on going inside. At €8 per person (4 for the church and 4 for the tower), I nearly let this one go by. Glad I didn’t. The interior of the small chapel is stunning. Full, just full of wall drawings. And the view from the tower? Wow! The entire staircase (except for one small section) up to the tower has recently been rebuilt completely. Very well done and professional carpentry.
Money well spent.
Highly Recommended

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Unfortunately, the church was locked. We were able to peek thru windows. On many churches along our journey are frescos depicting Saint Christopher, patron saint of travelers. The painting are giant sized, On this particular church, the artist gave the saint 6 toes. Why? You can only guess.

Date of experience: May 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

This small Baroque style church dates back to the mid 18th century. Church has camelback wooden roof which was very common in 18th century Slovenian churches. Main door dates to 1743 and bell tower to 1744. Grand in style but not size.

Date of experience: September 2017