All reviews minute walk from the hotel lake bled prestige suite artificial flowers breathtaking place living room complimentary upgrade fairy tale tea making facilities euros per person private terrace road noise entrance hall main centre pleasant stroll perfect place to relax eggs cooked
Reviewed 26 January 2018

I always do my research before travelling.
But this time I was organising a surprise weekend escape for my wife!
I read a lot of reviews on TA regarding Bled and its hotels.
Frankly the places I wanted to stay in were close or unavailable so I found Villa Istra.
The suite we stayed in was big, clean, renovated, cozy, classy, and romantic! Perfect for that weekend!

The gentleman there was very helpful and friendly as well.

I definitely recommend this place!

Room tip: The ground floor luxury suite overlooking the lake and parking.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sooly_Kobayashi
Reviewed 30 November 2017

This is a boutique bed and breakfast. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left the manger could not have been more helpful and attentive. Top marks for doing anything and everything to make our stay wonderful.

We had the most expensive rooms (2) and both were decorated beautifully. It was a treat weekend for us and our daughters and it was worth the money spent. Very spacious and immaculate. In fact everywhere was immaculately clean. The decor is fabulous for our taste.

We loved the breakfast.

Other posts have mentioned the road noise. Yes there is, but all the hotels on that strip are the same. There is a road around the lake. No getting round it. It certainly did not detract from our stay and we sat out on the balcony every night with the outdoor blankets and sheepskin rugs on the back of the chairs so we never felt the cold, even in November.

Room tip: The expensive rooms were worth the money.
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Zitageorgia
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Absolutely stunning views for a very reasonable prices and our room was massive! We ended up with a three-room suite (bedroom, bathroom, living room with dining nook), plus a pretty decent balcony that we didn't use because it was a little cool in mid-October when we visited.

Service was friendly and cheerfully and even though the parking lot was a little tight, it was still better than trying to find street parking in town.

The walk from the hotel into the town center was 10-15 minutes at a decent pace, but on a nice day you're going to want to take your time and enjoy the views as you go. The walk is all on a paved path, and while it wasn't fully lit the whole way, it felt perfectly safe even at night, and the nighttime views would be ruined by bright lights anyway.

The only thing keeping Vila Istra from that last star was the mattress, which was probably the firmest mattress I've ever slept on; uncomfortably firm for my wife and I unfortunately.

All in all though, a truly great place to stay in Bled; close enough to walk into town for meals, but far enough away to be quiet and relaxing.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tuhughes
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

After staying in budget hotels in the area I thought I would, for our final night in Slovenia gobwith a bit of luxury.
We weren’t disappointed, beautiful suite, gorgeous balcony view of the lake, lovely welcome what more could you ask for.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank oddbod1808
Reviewed 7 November 2017

We stayed here for one of our two nights in Bled (we just had to try the Garden Village too, so we split between the two). This was the first night of our two-week trip, and after a looong day of traveling, it was the perfect place to relax. The lake itself is amazing (of our entire trip in Slovenia and Croatia, we all named our day in Bled as our favorite), and the location of Vila Istra was great. We had a two-bedroom suite, which was clean and spacious, the beds were comfortable, and breakfast was fresh. The view was also great. We didn't seem to have the same issues with road noise, though for all my years living in cities perhaps I just don't hear it anymore. The "parking lot" is small, but we snagged a spot and were able to just sit back and enjoy Bled (which, again, is SO great).

Room tip: There is no elevator, but it is basically a very large house that has been turned into a hotel/B&B of sorts, so that is not surprising.
Date of stay: September 2017