InterContinental Warszawa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Castle Inn(Warsaw)(Great Value!)
Reviews (3 182)
3 182 results
2 269
2 269
All reviewstop floorswimming poolharp playerthe club loungegreat hotelpillow menuold towncorner roomhard rock cafeshopping mallnespresso machinean upgradegreat roomtrain stationstandard roomlarge bathroomfive star hotel
FilterAll languages
8 - 13 of 3 182 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This property has been looking a little dated for a while compared to other ICs, so the renovations were something I was excited to learn about.

I have stayed at this property a crazy number of times. I heard about the renovations and experienced the lobby renovation initially, done over several nights as to not interfere with the operations. I experienced no interruptions during my stays at the time. I liked the renovated lobby once completed.

The rooms are currently being renovated from top to bottom.

I experienced a renovated room (Junior Suite) during one of my recent stays and I am not sure I like it as much as the older dated rooms. Bathroom wise the only thing that appears to have a refresh is the wall paper, a slightly darker colour.

In the suite area the minibar has been relocated into the wardrobe behind the door, the desk is the same as is the wooden flooring. The TV is now mounted on the wall with a surround, gives more space actually, with new wallpaper, chairs, couch, coffee table and two strange triangular stool things. There are a couple of pillows that just seem tacky to me, Sunday market sort of tacky.

The bedroom has the same wallpaper treatment, a new love seat, carpet and updated headboard (likely bed too). The beds have always been one of the most comfortable for me and I didn’t notice a difference in comfort.

I just felt a bit disappointed. The old style appeared to be more thought out, less budget and time conscious. The new room renovations appear to me to be too constrained by budget and time. I think they could have come up with something better. I expected to be impressed and sadly I wasn’t.

I will re-review once I experience a few more rooms and see if anything improves.

Service is still excellent as is the Wifi!

A point to note... if arriving by car, be really careful when entering. The renovations area is on -1 so all the workers and the furnishings are down there, so the already tight turning/passing for oncoming vehicles is even tighter. One carpeting guy jumped up and stopped an oncoming car that would have hit me. I didn’t see him and he hasn’t seen me.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank John M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So I have recently visited this amazing and huge hotel. Loved the staff and enviroment, loved the pool and the view from it. All was great. Sadly, someone was making noise behind the walls at night(sound was similar like somone worked with hammer) so I couldnt sleep well and felt tired the next day. But this is still one of the best hotels worldwide! Highly recommend!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ievule666
ICWarsaw, Dział sprzedaży i marketingu at InterContinental Warszawa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review.
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our services and facilities.
Next time please contact our reception desk and enjoy the rest of your stay in another room.
Your opinion is very important for us and stays as a reward and motivation for the future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Great hotel, comfy rooms, wonderfull breakfast with live harp music, wonderfuul spa and pool, good location. Enjoy also the Platter restaurant on 1st floor. Nothing else to say...
Really, great hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental Warsaw and for taking the time to write a review.
We are delighted that your experience lived up to your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you again at InterContinental Warsaw.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I was in Warsaw for 23 hours, I thought this location was good. Close to metro station from airport. Nice places to eat, shopping centre are all close. Even the old cilty isnt too far, if its a nice day.
Hotel staff professional, hotel clean, organized and modern.
Soom rooms have better views. The lady at reception did tell me that she gave me a room with the view of "Palac Kultury i Nauki" but when I looked out the window I couldnt see it.
Still was nice hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at InterContinental Warszawa.
We will do our best to offer you a room with the view of "Pałac Kultury I Nauki" next time.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

I went to back to Intercontinental because the first time I went there, I had an amazing stay. The property is top notch, beautiful, clean and with amazing views. The service first time, was also great, but not this time around. It felt like they thought I was trying to steal breakfast from them. I paid for reservation with paid breakfast for 2 days, except for 3rd day that was on award. Because the 3rd was on award with breakfast I was treated as if I was trying to steal 1 day of breakfast. When I approached the restaurant for breakfast, then said my room was not there, instead of trying to clear any confusion, this staff acted more like a bouncer to get the guest, he said "You can't get in, boss." Boss? What? Am I at some seedy nightclub? I was more the willing to pay for the breakfast, if needed, but no option was given. Do these people really think that I travel around the world, and I can't afford a breakfast at the hotel I'm staying? I went to the check is desk and I explained the situation and they said they would allow me to have breakfast if I paid. I paid their measly breakfast fee. So now I paid for 3 breakfast but I only got to eat 2, because last day I had to check out before their breakfast hours to catch our early flight to Gdansk. My fiancee was not pleased with their hostile attitude as if we were trying to steal breakfast, as if they didn't want us there, but had to accept us. After posting a bad review on IHG site, they responded by saying they will upgrade us next time to the same room I already get, which is comical because I already get upgraded through Platinum level of I pay for the upgrade already. I was in Warsaw again recently, and I was willing to take this "non offer" from Intercontinental Warsaw, but my fiancee was not ecstatic about it. So I skipped. Maybe I will try once more next time in Warsaw, but solo. Or I will go to Hilton, where they appreciate their Diamond members.

Room Tip: The corner room 3711 on 37th floor has a great view of Palace of Culture and Science
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sung P
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Warszawa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi Sung P,

Thank you for your honest review. I am happy you chose us for your lodging needs and acknowledged our hotel. I particularly enjoyed reading your compliments on our beautiful hotel and the view you experienced. You can be assured that whenever you stay with us, your needs at the hotel has you covered.

However, I am sorry to learn about the inconvenience you had to experience during breakfast, particularly with the level of customer service received from one of our staff. Kindly be informed that this is not our standard service and I am sorry about the encounter. This information will be shared with the upper management and each individual staff involved for checking.

Again, thank you for making us aware as we value you as our Platinum Elite member. Your feedback is very important and I hope that we will have the honor to welcome you again one day so we can provide you a more noteworthy hotel experience.

Best,