“great restaurant”
Review of Zlata Lod

Zlata Lod
Ranked #122 of 1 010 Restaurants in Brno
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Found this place by chance and was very impressive. Very friendly service, aleays came at the right time to ask if we wanted another drink. Big screen for the football. Ate here 3 times and was impressed by the food each time. Well cooked and good size portions. Pork knuckle was cooked perfect, meat fell off the bone and crackling on top.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Located on the liberty square this restaurant offers European food, so not local food at all. Went for beef steak. First the cutlery offered is not made for steak, it took me forever to cut the beef knuckle. The meat was very chewy not tender at all, the boiled potatoes on the side are still crunchy and undercooked. The English version of the menu is poorly designed and limited. But on the other side it is affordable and spacious.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

It was second time I tried chicken wings. I love it a lot. Also I tried potate chips which I loved but I do not like the souse of wings.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

My family and I visited this pub/bar during our trip to Brno. Zlata Lod ticks all of our boxes, not only is there lovely lagers on tap there are great views of the main square from the beer terrace. Although the beer isn’t the cheapest, it is still great value and the food is very good quality. I had a feta salad with chips and both were very fresh tasting. Sitting out on the square is great for people watching in the sunshine. This is a great place to stop for lunch or dinner if you have been doing sightseeing in the centre of Brno.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

At the end of the main square this is a busy bustling bar/restaurant. We went there a couple of times while in Brno because it's convenient and very well located for meeting people and people watching.

The beer and food are both good and the service is efficient and pleasant. Nice smiley staff. Not so good if you're in a group of more than six as the tables are separated by the bases of the big umbrellas