“Pre-concert early evening dinner on the square was excellent here”

Restaurant U Prince
Ranked #4 669 of 6 082 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: French, Czech, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Staré Město (Old Town)
Description: Family restaurant U Prince with long history offers you pleasant atmosphere under the original baroque arches and originally decorated interior, where you can enjoy specialties from Czech and International cuisine. Our traditional cuisine is accompanied by live jazz music every evening. Restaurant also features big outside patio right on the Old Town square with a view on the Astronomical Clock. For private celebrations, we offer the Knights’ Lounge (for 18 persons) and the Royal Lounge (for 6 persons). The well-preserved Gothic portals, massive furniture and wall paintings, combined with our traditional cuisine, will immerse you in the authentic atmosphere of dining in the noble estates of the Middle Ages. Our New York Cocktail Bar offers a wide selection of mixed drinks, perfectly capping off a pleasantly spent evening.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

It was so nice to see salmon and sea bream on the English menu as most of the surrounding cafes served pasta and pizza. We had quick service with the meal arriving in about 15 minutes and pre-dinner drinks arriving shortly after ordering them. The food was delicious with a good size portion of the fish perfectly cooked with crispy skin and served piping hot. Roasted potatoes and vegetables along with a spoonful of mushy peas rounded out the filling meal. Service was excellent - in and out within an hour. This patio cafe was convenient for us as we had just finished attending a late afternoon concert in St. Nicholas Church on the square and were on our way to attend another concert at the Cathedral of St. Clement. The green wicker chairs were comfy to sit on and colorful red blankets were tossed over their backs for cooler evenings. Our meals were 325 kr and my nonalcoholic refreshing mojito was 99 kr. I was dismayed, however, to be charged 10 kr or .50 Euro to use the hotel's washroom by the attendant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 488)

69 - 73 of 1 488 reviews

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Came here with my family and there was live music on a cold night. The place was cozy. Menu was expensive but not much more than the other places in the square. We were met with a mixture of waiters, one was particularly nice to our daughter so I have to give kudos where it's due and admit that not all is bad ...

The worst came at the end of our dinner - one drink did not arrive and we were billed for it. When we disputed the bill, we were met with angry waiters who said that we drank it and clearly tried to get away. They were aggressive, raised their voices and accused us in a very rude manner. It makes no sense that a bill totalling €160 is trying to get away with 1 cocktail worth €6. It was an upsetting experience for the whole family as we've literally been accused of stealing.

Avoid if you can!

2  Thank cathchingpg
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Worst Services Ever.Restaurant staff came to greet us with very rude conversation and manner. They look down at asian tourist. Totally not recommend for anyone.This was a nightmare restaurant. Never have any experience like this before in any place in this world.

1  Thank SuchayaP8
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I ate at a restaurant at that hotel like a couple of days ago. I don’t know where to start by saying how terrible the food was it. It was the worst experience I had after a long day of my tour that day. The food was did not have taste at all, and when the waiter served as the bread and our meals it looked like they were frozen food and just heated up. Even the waiter himself said they make meals ahead of time which I found quite strange and odd and it should be prohibited to do such a thing!!! I don’t recommend this place to anyone and to be honest I don’t even know how such restaurants are running like that! I left as a very angry costumer and that’s all I have to say!!!

1  Thank Lana_wisam
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

When here because it looked reasonably presented with good food and lots of staff.

Once in they rushed the drinks and food order with food out within 3 minutes which makes me think this was sitting in the kitchen a while.

When the bill came the waiter went to snatch my card out of my hand and charge me a 15% tip without letting me know.

It is a shame, we went to 2 other restaurants during our stay that were fantastic.