“Hame made Mexican ”

El Pueblo Mexicana
Ranked #1 264 of 5 821 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nové Město (New Town)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A lovely restaurant with an in my opinion original approach to the Mexican kitchen. Prices are reasonable and the service was understanding and helpful adjusting the dishes to the taste of my son. Well visited so book a table!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friends and I visited Prague for a few overnights & we heard mexican food is a popular go-to. Since there were so many of us and it was last minute reservations, our only option was El Pueblo Mexicana. At first our waiter was nice, but as soon as our food came out it was a complete 360. Our friends ordered 2 cheese quesadillas, and he came out with one chicken and one cheese and when our friend told him she asked for cheese he goes "what do you expect me to do about it now?" We were all left in shock since we have NEVER witnessed a waiter/waitress not willing to fix a problem with a food order that they screwed up. Since he was not willing to offer to make her a cheese quesadilla that she actually ordered, she ended up not eating. After eating the sub-par food, we were all ready to get out of there. We split the check (which the table next to us did as well), and our waiter was so rude and laughing every time we gave him our money while looking at his workers (who were most likely the owners who were laughing as well). When we were given our change by one of the waitresses, she THREW a plate at us telling us to tip them. Another note: they tried to trick one of our friends who paid with a larger bill to not give him change back so they could keep it for themselves but of course my friend did not fall for that. Lastly, the waiter made my friend pay for the chicken quesadilla that she did not order nor eat due to their mishap. This is my first time ever writing a review for a restaurant or any place in general, and I can easily advise you all to NOT waste your time, or money on overpriced sub-par food while receiving the worst possible service you could ever encounter.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was here for lunch and we sat downstairs which was half full compared to the packed upstairs.
Quick , friendly service once at the table and given adequate time to decide on the day lunch menu.
The tomato soup ordered was freshly made and had that Mexican feel to it but not spicy which was no issue. Really the best Tomato soup Ive tasted and I'm not a soup fan!
The pork steak and potato salad was also of a high standard. A good sized portion with a very tender piece of pork without fat or bone, The potato salad was make with chunky potato's and I believe chives. All for 160czk.
Deffinately a place to visit again either for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been a regular customer for about 8 years now. I used to love this restaurant and I would bring all my friends there, go there to celebrate birthday etc. The restaurant has changed a lot since. The food is still good, but not great. The staff working there is terrible now. In 2018 Ive been there three times and each time they messed up my order, were very slow and while taking the orders they seemed very impatient and disrespectful. I am very very disappointed and sad and will not go back again.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We found a listing for this place online and it was close to where we were staying so really wanted to try it, we went on a wednesday night and upstairs was full but they offered us a table downstairs but I pointed out that I struggle with stairs, going down is easy coming back up can be painful. We decided to try it anyway. We both had steaks which were cooked perfectly. When we had finished and paid our bill I was worried about the stairs and to my total shock two waiters actually offered to carry me up stairs, I declined and managed on my own.
The food was plentiful and to me that kind of service was above and beond.
We enjoyed it so much we went back again.