“fantastic”
other travellers have booked this property
Studio Bedroom Bed in Studio
Studio Bedroom
Bed in Studio
Main Living Room
Living Room
View to bedroom from living room.
Main Bedroom
Main Bedroom
Main Bathroom with walk in shower.
Main Bathroom
Kitchen with view to main bathroom.
Studio Bathroom
Original Ceiling Studio
Washer and Dryer in both bathrooms
original fountain that has been restored and is functional
Restored staircase to apartments.
luxury carpeting throughout the building
White Swan stained glass windows
main security gate
entrance to building
Original oil painting of the house and street.
Replica of Original Sign on the House
Front of property.
Floor plan of the apartment
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
caramello...
australia
“Central but very noisy at night”
Reviewed 5 November 2011 for a stay in September 2011
people found this review helpful

I was disappointed because we had contact with Tomas and then I noticed when he was on holiday someone in another country (UK from memory) responded to my emails. We never heard from or saw Tomas once we arrived.
We booked a transfer from the train station and were advised by Tomas that the person collecting us would be hearing impaired and we were advised to wait by the Vodafone shop at the station. We did that and finally a lady came along and was about to pull out a sign with our name on it. We thought that was the person to pick us up because she was hearing impaired but that was not the case. We waited at the station for 1 hour before we were finally picked up. There was no apology from Tomas or the driver. We contacted Tomas by email to book a return to the station on our departure and we said we would appreciate it if the driver was on time otherwise we would miss our train. When the driver picked us up, it was the same person and he had a piece of paper written in English asking why did we complain and tell Tomas he had his sister with him. Once we said we didn't complain we just didn't want to miss our train, he calmed down.
The downside to the apartment was the noise. Rubbish trucks collect rubbish from the Irish Pub across the narrow cobbled street. They arrived in the wee hours of the morning almost every night. One night it sounded like they were crushing all of the bottles as they went into the truck. Even the sound of the car tyres is loud. I guess in winter it is probably ok because the windows will be closed.
A suggestion would be for the property managers to compile a book of useful information like where the nearest large grocery store is. Where to dispose of rubbish etc etc.
The shower clogged up on one of the nights we were there so we pulled out all the sludge and hair from the grate and flushed boiling water down and it appeared ok.
The location is great. The bed is comfortable.
The bath had a rim of scum around it and had to be cleaned before use.
I wouldn't recommend this apartment, because I am disappointed that there was no acknowledgement from Tomas apologising for us having to wait an hour at the train station when we could have walked in 20mins.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The bed
Liked least: The noisy location and terrible customer service
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
5 Nov 2011
Dear Traveller,

We are truly sorry to hear of your unpleasant stay in our apartment. We work hard to ensure that travellers have a wonderful stay in Prague and in the apartment and thus take the management of apartments professionally and seriously. We thank you for your comments and are earnestly addressing this issue so that it does not happen again.

To address the issues as per your comments:

My colleague, Michaela, who responded to you during my absence on holiday, was not from another country or the UK. We, including Michaela, are based directly in Prague so that we can tend to and resolve any issues, requests, emergencies that may arise and are familiar with the apartments. It is very important that we are based locally to be able to provide the level of service as expected by clients. As you know, your emails were responded with open information and details.

I sincerely apologise for the driver, Zdenek, being late. I enquired why he was late and why was another lady with him and he informed me that she was there to ensure that she could meet you on time while Zdenek navigated the traffic. As I had no complaint upon your accommodation of that Zdenek was late, we could not address this directly, there would have been of course no cost for the shuttle. The reason why we have chosen Zdenek, is that it is difficult for people with disabilities to be accepted into our society and by providing him the opportunity to provide this service we are enabling him to be a productive member of society. Our clients and travellers have been fond of him with some even taking photos together for their trip and he is enjoys meeting new people and helping them, and our returning travellers ask for him. However, it is obvious that in this case he has failed and we are addressing the his further position in the shuttle service, as it cannot happen that he behaves in the manner as you experienced. I have spoken to Zdenek and explained the situation to ensure that he understands what happened and what went wrong.

I also had a look through my correspondence as to why I did not address your complaint for late arrival as this complaint was not brought up at the beginning and I found that I had overlooked the mention of the late arrival in your departing email when arranging your return shuttle with you. My apologies for overlooking this and for not being aware of Zdenek’s late arrival when you arrived to Prague to address the situation immediately upon arrival.

As for the cleaning service, the state of the cleaning as you have mentioned cannot be acceptable due to the high standard we expect the apartments to be in. We are contracting new cleaners in place for the apartments.

With regards to noise, any building particularly located in the centre of town will experience some level of noise. The apartment is located on a small residential street on one of the quieter streets away from traffic and the tourist crowds. The degree of noise which you had experience is not common as we have return travellers who stay in the apartment in summer for longer periods and need the apartment to be quiet for their work and stay purposes and have found the apartment ideal with minimum noise level, this includes other travellers who have stated they are light sleepers. I do not know if the recycling trucks arriving in the early morning are something new that has been enforced by the municipality to uphold the clean status of the city and the country’s high reputation for recycling. As for general noise levels, under Czech law, public/civic quiet hours are between 10pm to 6am. The cobble stones are a unique gem of the Unesco protected historical Old Town and the removal of these would change the character of the historical Old Town even further.

With regards to the location of the rubbish bins, this is directly available for all tenants in the apartment by means of a photo document showing their exact location in the building including the use of the respected colour coded bins for recycling.

I would like again express our sincere apologies as our service and apartments are well-known for their professional and high standard. You should not have had the experience that you indeed had and hence our offer to you for the full refund for your entire stay as well as a full refund for the shuttle service as we are serious about the way travellers experience their trip and their stay in the apartment. We are taking measures to ensure this will not happen again.

Thank you for your comments and taking the time to review.

Warm regards,

Tomas
CA
Reviewed 2 November 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 65+
Drey98
New Jersey
“Romantic Week Stay in Prague”
Reviewed 30 June 2011 for a stay in June 2011
people found this review helpful

We just came back from staying at the Studio apartment of the White Swan. Tomas was our contact and he was outstanding in responding to emails, questions, etc. and he even arranged our shuttle rides to and from the apartment with reasonable prices.

The apartment itself, which is on the second floor, is gorgeous, located just minutes from Old Square (Stare Mesto) and within walking distance to all the sites-- Astronomical Clock, Prague Castle, Powder Tower, Charles Bridge, and Petrin Hill. We were also just a tram's ride away from the Main Station of Hlavni and took day trips to Kutna Hora, Karlstejn, and Prague.

It is also close to many restaurants and we would often get breakfast from either the Bakeshop or the Mini Mart around the corner. We ate at the local Bohemia Bagel, Da Nico and Nostress restaurants, and had ice cream/gelato daily around Old Square.

It was spacious and clean and everything we could ask for. We would love to come back again! Thanks White Swan!

Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Th White Swan
Reviewed 9 April 2011 for a stay in March 2011
person found this review helpful

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 35-44
Boston - USA
Reviewed 18 January 2011 for a stay in November 2010

Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing