Google
from US$37,50
More Info
from US$1 643,80
More Info
All reviews beautiful beach underground river sand flies puerto princesa white sand beach waves shore boats philippines
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 March 2015 via mobile

Tired of hawkers, traffic, noise and other tourists? Looking for somewhere to relax, be left alone, swim and enjoy beautiful beaches? Sabang is the place for you. Easily accessed from Puerto princesa by bus, this little quiet village had everything I hoped for. You can find cheap accommodation just near the beach, and you can walk along the beach to the lovely area where the mangrove tour starts.

El Nido is supposed to be the gem of palawan, but I don't agree at all, Sabang won my heart.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

sand as fine as sugar. sun warmly caressing your skin. ocean breeze pure like no other. alone by the beach. no crowd. no hawkers. water at its purest, clearest ever. except we didn't get to swim far ashore because the waves was really daluyon or very strong. still it was perfect and i daydream about it and i gawk at the photos we took of that wonderful slice of heaven on earth.

Date of experience: April 2014
1  Thank nrs-317
Reviewed 8 February 2015

I've been to hundreds of beaches and this one has to be the first one wherein people were actually banned from swimming. I chose Sabang over the city proper because I yearned for a relaxing vacation in an isolated area where I could swim in peace. Instead, I got a nice-looking beach that I wasn't even given a fair chance to experience.

I knew something was off when the entire coast was seemingly devoid of people. Oh, there was the occasional person walking on the shore alright, but other than that, I found it strange that despite the beach housing two well-known resorts, no one seemed to want to venture outside their hotel rooms.

And then I saw them: the signs, dozens of them. "Do not swim." "No swimming allowed." "Strong undercurrent." I looked back at the sea. Strange. There were waves, but I've personally seen bigger ones in Boracay and Bohol.

We checked in and after doing nothing in our room, finally decided to venture back outside to the shore, because we eyed a few brave souls splashing in the water. It was ankledeep. They seemed to be having fun. Or trying to, anyway.

So my partner and I went. Two steps into the water and FWEEEET. The earspliting sound of a whistle. Oh, joy. The lifeguard was telling us to get out of the water. What the hell? We shouted back that the person near us seemed to not be under the same restrictions and he did a few vague hand gestures. We said we'd stay close to the shore.

Two more steps. Ankle-deep. The irritating whistle was heard again and the lifeguard said we'd gone too far. We couldn't believe it. He was telling us it was time to get out, that the water was dangerous. Look, I get warning people of potential danger and risks, but shouldn't you wait 'til someone is, you know, actually drowning? The logic "If you get into the water, you'll drown" is pretty much like saying "if you have sex, you'll get HIV."

So that's how my 'spectacular' beach vacation went, with a lifeguard watching my every move and whistling every time I was 2.34 cm deep in water. I was far from the only one frustrated by the whole mess, because some other guests would even try and argue with the life guard and acknowledge they'd seen the signs, and knew the warnings, but for God's sake, we were all checked in at resorts that boasted of all the swimming activities you could do at the beach! Why open a beach resort if people can't even touch the water?

What a waste.

Date of experience: February 2015
2  Thank Snaro
Reviewed 19 January 2015

Nice sand except for high waves in January. April to June are better months to book. Water was warm at 9am.

Date of experience: January 2015
1  Thank Zightzeer
Reviewed 9 January 2015

The beautiful Soft and smooth sand of the beach made it ideal for walking. Although at the time we were there, there was a strong under current/rip tide warning, we were still able to enjoy the beach and the sun!

Date of experience: December 2014