Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Travelocity
Hotels.com
All reviews cape town pre wedding nice quiet area a great stay anyone wanting great host business trip home away from home great accommodation two nights warm welcome friendly hosts nothing is too much trouble lovely place every morning comfortable stay enjoyed my stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Best value for money I have experienced in a very long time. Spacious rooms with homely type atmosphere. I felt welcome and not a number. Breakfast is excellent! Parking space is somewhat limited and requires attention especially other cars are parked selfishly.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank philanig2016
martinathowardsend, Owner at Howard's End Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Thank you for your feedback - will work on managing the parking area and marking parking bays.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Martin and Beryl provide top class hospitality with a friendly atmosphere. Our room was spotlessly clean and yet full of character. The hotel is well placed in a quiet area however it's within easy reach of central Cape Town and all routes to the tourist destinations. We would highly recommend Howard's End whether you are coming for business or vacation.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank cwmprayer

Thank you so much for your feedback - Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Howard's end manor in February. Returned in march , now under new ownership. Still the same great service. Martin and Beryl along with their daughter are all involved in the business. Nothing is too much trouble. So kind and friendly. Good breakfast. Will visit again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank continent3

Thanks for the wonderful feedback

Reviewed 9 March 2017

I heard of Howard's End Manor from Birding Africa, who helped me to arrange several birding treks in Western Cape Province. They have steered many clients their way and after staying at Howard's End for five nights I can understand why. There are many reasons why you'd like it here: First, the owners are genuinely warm and hospitable and make you feel like you're at home. Second, the room was spacious, clean, and the bed was comfortable; the free internet was excellent. Third, the breakfast was delicious. And fourth, it's located in a very quiet and safe residential neighborhood (called Pinelands) close the many venues I was interested in including Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Table Mountain, and Cape Town. And easy to get out of town to go birding along the coasts, and to the airport. I would highly recommend Howard's End to anyone wanting a more personal touch than could be offered in a hotel, and with freedom to explore the beauty of Western Cape.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank davidorthmoore

Thanks so much for the detailed feedback - wonderful to meet you and looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 November 2015

We've often stayed at Howard's End when visiting Cape Town, originally because it was close to the Grand West Casino Complex, but, as time progressed, it really because our first go-to-place-of-choice because it is like going home.

Bronwen Dawes, the owner, goes out of her way to see to it that her guests are comfortable and happy. Nothing is too much effort. On my previous visit, during the Fifa World Cup in 2010, I took ill with what we originally thought was flu (but turned out to be bronchitis), Bronwen went to the pharmacy especially to get me some medicine because I wasn't able to drive myself.

Our most recent visit was this past weekend when some friends and I attended a huge Herbalife event, the African Extravaganza. We arrived late, but Bronwen was there to meet us with a hug and a warm, welcoming smile. We opted not to have breakfast, but I did ask for filter coffee which Bronwen kindly brought to our room.

On the subject of breakfast - Bronwen rises early every day to prepare her guests' breakfast herself. Bacon, Eggs, Fruit Salad, Yoghurt, Cereal, Croissants, Toast - there is enough to choose from and get you started for a day of sightseeing.

The rooms are large and roomy, with some overlooking the swimming pool and the garden, and those inside the house have a view of Table Mountain. The rooms are service daily by Bronwen's trusted employee Lina, who is also willing to cater to any needs the guests may have.

After a long day of (in our case) business training, or sightseeing, the hot water and good water pressure make child's play of a relaxing bath or reviving shower. The beds are comfortable with good quality linen and every bed is equipped with an electric blanket to ward off the winter chill. Each room is also equipped with a refreshment station that contains the mandatory coffee, tea, sugar and milk, but which also has hot chocolate and cup-of-soup for those guests looking for something different.

Centrally located in the leafy suburb of Pinelands, Howard's End is the perfect base for tourists wanting to do day trips in and around the Peninsula. Bronwen is also happy to assist with transport to and from the airport for guests arriving by plane.

I recommend Howard's End to all my friends and family, because it truly is my home away from home.

Room tip: Room 7 is an ideal family room - sleeps 3.
Date of stay: November 2015