All reviews family visit stayed longer new owners the owner home away from home near future great hosts cape town martin refreshments airport boxes transport howard house
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Howards End Manor from 11/20/13 to 11/27/13. The original reservation was made through Birding Africa. I knew it was going to be a special place after writing to the owner, Bronwen Dawes prior to our arrival. She answered my questions promptly and with even more information than I would have known to ask. For example, they have very fat prongs on their electrical plugs not included on most travel adapters so she offered to let us borrow some plug adapters while staying there. Once we arrived her cordiality, attention and helpfulness went above and beyond. The accommodation was clean and spacious, breakfast was plentiful and delicious and the location within safe walking distance of a shopping mall that had multiple restaurants, shops and ATM's (very helpful when you don't have a car). The manor house has a thatched roof of the Dutch cape style and was very picturesque. A small park across the street lends quiet and tranquility to the neighborhood. There is internet access and laundry service available. We easily made multiple day trips from this location to points all over the cape- the Western cape, a pelagic tour out of Simonstown, Cape of Good Hope, Kirstenbosch Gardens, Hottentots-Holland Mtns. A quick cab ride to downtown Cape Town will link you with a bus tour line that allows you to move about the entire city, including Table Mountain and close suburban beaches with an ability to hop on/ hop off throughout the day. We'd certainly go back and stay there again. Thanks, Bronwen

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MargaretCS_13
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We traveled as a family (theres 5 of us) on late december/january of 2012-2013. After a lifetime of travelling i can sincerely say I've never had such a great experience as in Howards End Mannor. Bronwen and the rest of the staff where so friendly and welcoming, always payed attention to us and gave us the best tips for travelling in south africa. It felt like home away from home. I really recommend this hotel and i sincerely hope we´ll travel to cape town some other time to visit, for i now consider them my friends.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My bridesmaid and I booked in here for the night before the wedding. Bronwen was so very accomodating to us when we needed to check in later than usual (all the pre-wedding stuff to plan) and the night before my wedding couldnt have gone smoother!

The beds were super comfy, the pillows almost matched my own at home (they might even have been better!) and the room was so cosy, clean and well put together. I loved the little touches like the tea and coffee box, and the beautiful sunny bathroom with the awesome-sized shower!

The next morning we woke and went downstairs for breakfast. Nothing was spared here, even for my vegetarian bridesmaid! It was amazing and we loved having Bronwen chat with us while we waited.I thought I wouldnt be too hungry on my wedding day, but the breakfast was too scrumptous to pass up!

I would, have, and will continue to recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone who needs to stay in Cape Town. Pinelands is so very central to everything you need and Bronwen truly makes it feel like a home-away-from-home!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

We booked 6 rooms and when we confirmed our booking found that they had given the rooms to another party. The excuse was that the deposit had not been paid EXCEPT that there was no due by date, at least they could have phoned to ask - how hard is that? Bad arrogant attitude

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Walter P
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We stayed for one full night when we arrived in south africa and had a day room for when we were due to fly out. Bronwyn is the sort of woman who exudes warmth, kindness, and generousity. Howards end manor is a comfortable, clean and a safe place to be, and this is due to Bronwyn and the way she treats people; We were sent off on our journey completely equiped and she made sure of that. We had a perfect nights sleep and a good hearty breakfast. When we returned from our trip, it felt like we were coming home, and we were greeted by our favourite 'big sister'. An absolutely lovely place to stay, and an incredible woman running it,if you stay here, just spend a little time listening to Bronwyns travels and stories, she is awesome.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple