Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$233
View deal
eDreams
US$233
View deal
Priceline
Agoda.comUS$236
All reviews putt putt great weekend horse riding some tlc next morning moses supper tennis braai cosy farm
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 December 2019

Sierra worked perfectly as a farm wedding venue. The space was great we could make as much noise as we wanted. The views were great. The food was ok. All our guests slept over, it accommodated everyone very well. Some extended their stay.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2019

Arrived at Sierra Resort just as a storm was starting. I hoped that this was not a disastrous start to hubby's birthday weekend! We were blown away by the reception we received from Brian and Patricia Crane. Nothing we asked was too big or too small for them. We were shown to our room,( and as I had read previous reviews ), I expected the worst. Our room was beautifully clean, enough pillows and bedding and everything was spotlessly clean. There was tea and coffee waiting as well as biscuits and rusks. Even to my delight, chocolates on the bed!!
Our supper on the first night consisted of lamb chops, rice, veg and gravy. As well as a salad. Dessert was to die for. 10 out of 10 to the kitchen staff. Our waitress, as well as every member of staff, was a refreshing change from previous dinning out experiences in city restaurants. We felt we didn't have to rush our food so the next table could come in. What did surprise us, was the fact that Brian and Patricia ate their dinner with us which made us feel at home.
After dinner we had a few drinks from their very well stocked bar. There we met Moses. He told us he had been working there for 40 years! I can see why no one would want to lose him. Once again, we were looked after like Kings and Queens. Thank you Moses.
Breakfast was a buffet. Unlike any we have been subjected to in the past. Once again the food was outstanding. We disappeared for the day to go fishing further down the road as we had new kick boats we wanted to try out.
That night we had asked if we could braai and Moses lit a fire for us and we were informed that the kitchen staff had made us salads and putu and gravy, as well as a dessert! Wow that we didn't expect that and were pleasantly surprised.
The next morning after a buffet breakfast, we were given muffins that the kitchen staff had made for us.
We left the resort feeling pampered, and very spoilt. To me, it's the little things that count. We were treated like part of the family and our weekend experience will be remembered for a long time. There is so much to do. Horse riding, putt-putt, tennis, bowls, swimming in the huge pool. Playing pool in the bar. Fishing at their dam.
Without a doubt, hubby's birthday weekend, was much more than we ever expected. I will recommend Sierra Resort to everyone. To all the staff who went out of their way to make us feel so welcome, thank you. 10 out of 10 to every single person who made us feel so welcome.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 6 May 2019

Arrived at Sierra Resort and was taken to our rooms only to be assulted by a mouldy smell coming from the rooms that we were to stay in. The bathrooms were not cleaned and the sheets and bedding looked liked it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. We were then given a tour of the games room which was even worse. The ping pong table was broken, the room smelled musty and mouldy and the carpet looked like some one threw up on it and was never cleaned in years. The entire place was horribly maintained and we refused to stay.

I informed Patricia that we will not be staying there for these reasons and was told that the deposit I have paid was not received as yet. I made the booking through SA venues and that I would have to deal with SA venues directly if I wanted a refund. I did call SA venues the next day and it seemed like Patricia and Brian were not very truthful about the issue and they had in fact received my deposit prior to us arriving.

Their entire mannerisms and the way in which Patricia and Brian dealt with me and my family was unacceptable. We were spoken to in the worst possible manner and they were both very condescending. They raised their voices and all in front of my children!!!!! Appalling considerig they advertise themselves as a family resort!!!!! It was so awful that many staff members came to apologise to me and my family. Apparently this is how many other travellers were treated by Brian and Patricia.

The pictures on their website is also very deceiving and Brian agreed with me that the pictures wrongfully depict the place. He said that he has informed the owner of this many times as it seems to be an issue with many other travellers and that the owner is
uninterested in doing anything about that.

This was the worst place that I have been to and I would definitely NOT recommend this to anyone esp those with families. Not only is the venue horrible but the managers of the property have no way of dealing with people and in my opinion should not be allowed to manage this property at all.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2018

Hubby booked a long weekend away in September. On arrival discovered our room was given to someone else, the alternate room they offered us , kitchen was rank with damp , couch shredded/torn in places with open holes , soiled bedding, main room floor even collapsed in the one corner , Think this was unit 9 overlooking the dam. We refused to stay there, paid over R8000.00 was promised a full refund, only been given back over R3500.00 still owe us close to R5000.00 , owner Sherlah not interested in helping , only attitude she tells my husband is 'well take it up with booking . com …… Im a former travel agent and seen the worst and best all over the world and this place takes the cake ! Been over a month and still fighting for refund!!! website also said no pets allowed but there was a dog running around the unit.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
SierraResortKZN, Marketing at Sierra Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Dear ddY1004WL,

The accommodation you are reviewing is unfortunately not the accommodation you stayed at. We are Sierra Resort and you are looking for Villa Sierra where Sherlah is the owner. We are not associated with Villa Sierra. It is an easy mistake to make, please could you rectify. You can review Villa Sierra here - https://www.booking.com/hotel/za/villa-sierra.en-gb.html

We hope all is sorted out for you.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

Stayed with a group of 14 youngsters as part of a sports tour, and what a wonderful 10 days we had. Nothing was too much trouble for Brian, Sfiso and the team - delicious food, a warm and friendly welcome every morning and evening, stunning scenery and cosy rooms. We will be back, definitely our first choice for next time we're playing in the Mooi River area!

Date of stay: July 2018