“Family Day Out over Easter”

Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Leavesden
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Step on to authentic sets, discover the magic behind spellbinding special effects and explore the behind-the-scenes secrets of the Harry Potter film series. Tread the original stone floor of the iconic Hogwarts Great Hall, encounter animatronic creatures and wander down Diagon Alley. Located at the Studios where all 8 films were produced, the Studio Tour showcases the incredible British talent, imagination and artistry that went into making the impossible a reality on screen. Visitors will relive the magic through the eyes of the filmmakers who brought the Harry Potter film series to life.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

8 of us went to see the Harry Potter Studio Tour on good Friday. Location easy to find and a timed entrance meant no long queues and we were inside rapidly and on time. The tour is well planned and organised with enthusiastic younger guides to keep us all moving along particularly at the start. Once in the main exhibit areas we were left to our own devices and free to photograph in nearly all the areas. Fantastic to see so many of the original props that were used. Only downside was that merchandising was HORRENDOUSLY expensive and if you take small children they WILL undoubtedly want something from the shops en route. Take out a loan if you intend to treat them!.
Also one other thing, I`d have thought some kind of "roof" in the Great Hall that could be illuminated would have made it even more magical, the scaffolding and lights were a bit of a letdown! Overall a super afternoon for HP fans!

Write a ReviewReviews (36 393)
All reviews
"we spent hours"
in 470 reviews

2 602 - 2 606 of 36 393 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I've been a Harry Potter fan since the first film was released, and I've read the books about 10 times. Visiting the studios was a dream come true, I cried a lot when we got to the Hogwarts bit at the very end.
The visit was a bit spoilt by the quantity of children running everywhere, and the place itself was full of muggles trying to ruin my pictures :P
The Diagon Alley bit is absolutely memorable, I couldn't wait to see it and I finally made it. I wish I could have seen more things about Dobby, Hagrid, Harry's parents, and Sirius.
Unfortunately the shop was quite disappointing, very very expensive, I just bought a few things for my friends. I would have bought more things for myself but I couldn't find anything worth the money. Staff were friendly.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Would have given 5 stars but it fell short with the price of everything. £14 for a picture! Kind of expected that but when we got to the cafe in the middle, it was £10 for 2 ice creams! Absolutely ridiculous. But it was a great experience. We spent about 3.5 hours here.

1  Thank Cazcaroline
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We really enjoyed out visit. It is pricey but it was expected. The shops are expensive as well as the butter beer. We packed our own lunches which we ate halfway through. We spent 5 hours and could have spent more time. We enjoyed talking to the staff that told great stories about the actors and the filming of the movies. We had watched all the movies prior to visiting which enhanced our experience. There are no rides like in the United States. This is more of a museum but very interesting. The train ride from London was easy and people at the train station directed us to the correct place to take the bus to the Studios (£2.50 per person). Our 9 year was free on the train and we bought return train tickets instead of using our Oyster card since we had to travel during peak times. (It was cheaper with our rail pass). When you start your tour, you are taken into a room (standing room only). Make your way over to the wall with the 3 doors. These lead into a theater with seats and you will watch a short movie. You will want to be in the front row for the movie.

1  Thank kakelsch