All reviewshot springsswimming poolspring watereach blockbelly dancing showbuffet dinner and breakfastthermal experiencelocal marketcotton castlerelaxing hotelregular poolswimming capmudpamukkalespabathsbathtub
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Reception staff is the worst I have seen in Turkey, they just don't care about the guests. Wouldn't change the room even though the AC was not working. They know that you have come only for the hot spring in the hotel. Service is horrible, rooms are old, ill maintained, not worthy of a 5 star (I was told it was a 5 star, otherwise I wouldn't give it 3). Food is just OK. If you can forego everything for the hot spring, you do it, because that is not replaceable. If I get a hot spring pool like this in any other hotel, I would never go back to it.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank Vagabond-Driver
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

My tour of Turkey continues from Konya to Pamukkale. For this leg of my tour I stayed the night at Pam Thermal Hotel in Denizli.

After almost 6 hours in a car I was glad to get to the hotel and freshen up.
The room was pretty old school and shower even more old school.

I expected a little more for a 4 star establishment in terms of shower head and bath tub.

Dinner was a buffet with a huge variety but some limited options for a vegetarian for main course. Starter and dessert we were spoilt for choice.

Unfortunately I did not have an opportunity to try out the pool or heated rock pool.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

My first impression upon arrival was a very positive one. However my expectation was let down by the service of the staff especially at the reception counter. None.. and I repeat none of the counter staff were helpful. Maybe I came at the wrong time of the day or year. I thought I was the only one complaining, but i found out later that most of the members in my group had the same idea.
The hotel is very nice but not disabled-friendly. There are no lifts to the rooms and one of the members of our group could not climb up the stairs. We asked for help to carry our bags to the room, least expecting that they refused to help.
Breakfast was also served on the 1st floor and we had to climb the stairs. It was ok for the others but my friend with walking problem had difficulty going up the spiral stairs.
When we asked for assistance to connect to the Wi-fi, we were turned down rudely.
Did not even feel like taking any pictures.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jouhara J
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Apparently it is rated 5 star- I’ve stayed in better 3 star hotels in India. This is probably one of the most dreadful rooms I’ve stayed in. The plastic 20 yr old soap dispenser fell off the bathroom wall when I went to use it and soap went everywhere. The aircon if it worked was noisy. The room next door (their split system) was so noisy it vibrated the walls and was making me feel ill. We phoned reception he said to turn off our aircon and open the door - but of course that would have made the noise from next door worse. We told reception to shift rooms he said no the hotel was full. We said give us our money back and we’ll go to another hotel - he said no. So we put earplugs in our ears moved the beds as far as possible from the noise and got about 2 hours sleep. And what a disgrace under the bed - rubbish, toenail clippings- someone’s worry beads.......
The pillows are about 20cm high - so be prepared for a sore neck.
Each tower has 3 floors - no lift and we were on the top floor - long way to carry a heavy bag! There is a steel frame which ‘could be’ a lift going in. And if anyone talked in the foyer it was echoed in the whole tower. The hotel was renovated in 2009 - it needs doing again!!!
Buffet food was pretty ordinary.
On a positive note - The pools were good.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2018

This hotel is a little gem and wonderfully located, I loved everything about it! the mountain walks and paths, we came across wild tortoises, birds, frogs, it was truly magical. the thermal pools are great with different temperatures, the great spa facilities, the food in the restaurant all exceeded my expectations. The girls who gave us massages in the spa were very professional and friendly as were the attendants on the desk. The cleanliness around the pool and spa areas was very impressive, and the rooms were cleaned daily to a high standard. I have seen lots of people complain about the food, but it was fresh and wholesome food. Pamakkule and the little village where you can drink cay and watch the world go by give you a feel of rural Turkish village life. I will definately go there again.

Stayed: April 2018