“Absolutely Fantastic!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Bawburgh
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We arrived without booking a table and the lady behind the bar was very accommodating finding us a table. You can either eat in the restaurant or the bar. A great adults and children’s menu. I ordered the homemade fish cakes as a main course. They were very tasty and filling. My partner ordered the steak bavette. It looked delicious, cooked medium rare, with skinny chips and he said it was very tasty too. My son said the burger was delicious and my daughter said her fish was excellent. The only criticism was the chips with the fish were dry and powdery. For pudding we ordered the Eton tidy x2, rhubarb crumble and a portion of ice cream. All were as equally delicious. This pub is beautiful inside, the staff were all very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The food is homemade by someone who is passionate about food and how it taste’s. No ping ping food or brakes deliveries here, only quality and tasty produce. It cost £94.00 for a two course meal for a family of four with two rounds of drinks also included. When you taste the food here you won’t be disappointed. My partner and I would definitely return. A gem of a find! Well done you have it right on so many levels. It’s worth mentioning that it filled up fast whilst we were there so you may want to book a table to avoid disappointment. A sneak peak of the Eton Tidy. The fish cakes went down to fast to photograph!

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Food was fantastic and staff really friendly Would highly recommend and would visit again. Not your average pub grub

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

We all live in Tenerife and were visiting the UK at the same time and decided to meet up. Fortunately we had a “Tenerife sunshine day”. Remembered this establishment from years ago and was not disappointed on this occasion. Four of us all ordered different and were all more than thrilled with our choices. Food cooked expertly and thoughtfully prepared for plate. Gardens are new to me and was so pleasant sitting here to have coffee after our meal. Very busy too considering this was the middle of the afternoon. We arrived at 12.00 lunchtime and left at 5.20pm. A perfect day.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Have eaten here loads of times. Food always good however ..... The drive into the car park has always been a case of avoid the holes. It's got so bad now that there are some massive pot holes that have the potential to cause damage if you are unlucky. They really need to sort them out instead of putting up new signs to say avoid the pot holes. !!!!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Although easy to find, harder to get inside, poor signage.

Nice enough establishment, albeit a little quiet and lacking atmosphere.

I had the lamb special starter and the seafood platter.
The food was ok but I felt they are trying to hard, I didn’t think my dish worked and wasn’t value for money.

The cockles were nice but found the whitebait didn’t belong, and far too much sauce overpowering the crayfish. One type of salmon would have sufficed, a little too much going on.

My opinion only of course.

I