Open today: 09:30 - 17:00

Reviewed 20 June 2018
C9774MLgarym
Heiloo, The Netherlands
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2018

I really like this place and came here again twice during my month long stay in the Cilento region. I love the cold water of the swimming hole and the park in general with lots of picnic tables. There are wonderful hiking trails but be fit. It seems that the concession stands and restaurant may only be open on weekends so a picnic is a great option.

Also, while we were greeted at the private parking lot and two concession stands by wonderful friendly people the staff of the restaurant "Trattoria - Pizzeria Remolino" were stand offish and rude to us while friendly to locals. My friend ordered a pasta dish and it was more than half smaller than plates of other guests. I felt rather disgusted by their behavior but would not let it diminish my enjoyment of this park. Nevertheless, avoid this place and bring a nice picnic.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank F7805RSmichaels
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely place but a little hard to find. Magnificent walk along the gorge. The sound of water rushing by is absolutely peaceful and breathtaking! Nature lovers must !

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

We went there as a family with children aged 10 and 13. We came from Paestum, and the GPS tried to send us on roads that we decided against, but we finally found it.

A small and unassuming little place. Refreshingly so actually. The water was chilly, but not glacier cold as in some places. The water was probably the clearest I have seen for a very long time.
The kayak trip was quite short, but very beautiful with plenty of photo ops. We payed 3 Euros per person, a fair price. It was very very easy going, which suited the begginers in our family.

After we took a little hike up the trail along the river with some nice views and wonderful cool air in the canyon.
Back again and sat with our feet in the water for half an hour by the little dam and spillway.

This place could grow to much more (I personally would have loved to canyon up the river with a guide, it seems just made for it), but as it was it was a very nice couple of hours spent.

We went back to Paestum over the tiny roads over the pass, nice drive on hair pins with almost no traffic, but free roaming cattle and horses and beautiful views.

Expect a little over an hour from Paestum depending on route.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank ChristianLoKn
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Only stopped for an hour here at the little waterhole with the waterfall after a nice drive through the Hinterland. The water is ice cold and very refreshing after a long drive. The fresh water is a nice change of pace from the beaches. I can see spending an afternoon here relaxing with family and picnicking. The drive here provides many photo opportunities.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank F7805RSmichaels
Reviewed 24 August 2015

Very beuatifull 3 hours walk. Very good bath and a marvellous palce to eat a light lunch... It starts a 1 km from Felitto and its marked with international signs. It ends in a medivial bridge, very well preserved, and the landscape is amazing. Its acessible for all who don't have physical problems. It can last a little bit longer for people who are not well prepared.

Date of experience: August 2015