“Beautiful Beach”
other travellers have booked this property
Casa Serena - our Beautiful Beach The Living Area with Kitchen Wall
One of the Porches with a great View of the Garden and Beach
Casa Serena - Our Beach and View from our Garden
Casa Serena - Mother and Son came from Sweden to enjoy our Home
View of the Garden and Terrace with Hammocks
Another View of our Terrace with great views of the beach
Our Guests on our Terrace
Walking on the beach at sunset
The Second Living Area
Going Wading in the Water
The other end of the Terrace in the Shade
Casa Serena - Sunset from our Garden
An unusual visitor
My nephew playing in the water
Sunset through the trees
A Guest Walking on our Beach
Walking in the Water in front of Casa Serena
Another View of Our Beach
Living Area Dining Table
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 77 reviews

Reviews from our community

lwv2101
Mellieha, Malta
“Great location on the beach, Owner not pleasnt to deal with”
Reviewed 18 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

I have rented many properties and reviewed many hotels, restaurants, vacation rentals, etc. This rental was as advertised and was slightly more expensive than others but we decided to stay because it was right on the beach.

The condition of the house was not 'new' and many of the linens and furniture were well used by other travelers but the property was pretty true to photos. We didn't have any issues with the property itself except the showers are very very badly in need of a cleaning and the water pressure is horrible. Having a full kitchen and washer and dryer was great, when you could use them.

When I first contacted the owner I spent about 1 hour on the phone with her assuring her I was a reliable renter and getting the details of the area. I appreciated that she spent so much time sending us information up front. I didn't realize at the time that she is definitely over-invested in the property for an owner and the amount of time it took me to just secure the property in the first place would be indicative of future issues.

The washer was not functioning on the property when we arrived and I needed to wash clothes, the first day we were there I put a load to wash and the place flooded. I cleaned the mess and spoke to the neighbors who also had water on their side of Casa Serena, they assured me it was fine and they would clean it. They called the owner to inquire why we were not notified the washer was broken and the owner in turn called me yelling at me while I was driving for 1/2 an hour.

I assured her we did all we could to clean the water, the property was not damaged and we spoke to the neighbors offering to clean the water on their side. We even called the caretaker and she said that she should have put a sign up but failed to do so and it was her fault, not ours. The owner responded that they don't expect renters to wash clothing on the first day (which is absurd given that things can spill or if someone has kids..) and that she called at 10pm and spoke to one of the other women with me who was stung by a jellyfish in the water outside the property that night and had taken benadryl and didn't even remember the owner calling. In the end the owner unnecessarily upset me when the situation was handled and the neighboring renters weren't even upset.

The owner was very hard to deal with, the property cost more than we really needed to spend in Rincon given the high number of other properties available. Its not worth the effort to deal with such a high strung owner. I had high hopes for this property but the altercation with the owner on the first day of the rental tainted the rest of our stay. We even left the property cleaner than we found it for fear of her calling again to have yet another altercation.

Customer service and relationships with renters is very important, if you want a hassle free vacation where an owner will not call and yell at you...don't rent this property.

Date of stay: October 2012
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Dealing with the owner
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
17 Oct 2012
I am very sorry that you were unhappy with the service provided. You are correct that I am very invested in taking care of our house and providing everything possible for our guests. I do screen our guests before renting in order to assure that we have responsible people renting our home. As you noted, the washing machine was not working, because previous guests had not shaken out sand from towels or clothes and the pipes were totally clogged with sand. I did call the first night you arrived to tell you that the washing machine was not working but that there was another one available for your use. The woman who answered the phone did say she understood and would tell the other guests with you that the washing machine could temporarily not be used, but there was another one next door that was available anytime. When the other guests called to tell me that the washing machine was flooding the house, I was indeed very upset that you had used the machine. We do not expect guests to use the washing machine as soon as they arrive; you did explain that you had stayed someplace else for a previous week and brought your dirty clothes with you. I am sorry that you thought I was yelling at you, I apologize for that. Again, it is true that I am very involved in the renting and care of our home and 99% of the time, this is much appreciated by our guests, as noted in many of our reviews.
Sc
Reviewed 1 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Date of stay: July 2012
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
1 Aug 2012
Dear Deann,

Thanks very much for choosing Casa Serena for your vacation and for your great review, which I am sure will be helpful to future guests looking for a great house on the beach. And thanks for mentioning our property manager who is great and totally devoted to making our guests comfortable. This is not always the case with other properties so we are very fortunate to have a great manager on site in case of any problems. We look forward to welcoming you back.

thanks,
Nancy Renee
Argyle
Reviewed 8 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Date of stay: June 2012
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
8 Jul 2012
Dear Donna and Kurt,

Thank you for choosing our home for your vacation. It was such a pleasure to meet you and your lovely daughters. And, I was very glad that you enjoyed the great snorkeling right in front of our house. I hope you come back again for another visit soon. My best to everyone,

Nancy Renee
Borriqua
“Peaceful”
Reviewed 3 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

If you are looking for a place to relax and unwined this is the place to go.My husband and I had a wonderful time I highly recommend this place,if you go during mango season you could pick the mangos right from the back yard.

Date of stay: May 2012
2 Jun 2012
Dear Borriqua, I am so glad that you enjoyed your time at Casa Serena and found it a great place to unwind and relax. You know that Serena means peaceful, so I guess the name fit! Thanks very much for choosing our home for your vacation and please come back again. Nancy
BerniePP2
Springfield, Missouri
“Great vacation at the beach!”
Reviewed 27 March 2012 for a stay in March 2012

This vacation exceeded my personal expectations. We were very comfortable and at home in Casa Serena. The amenities like the master king sized bed, 2 full bathrooms, full kitchen, internet access, dish TV, nice furnishings, shared washer and dryer, outside beach showers, outdoor seating, hammock, grill, etc. were well used and appreciated by us. The neighborhood-Stella seems to be composed of a nice mix of locals and some tourists; it has nearby bakeries with freshly baked and delicious quesitos, grocery stores with fresh fruits and the versatile plaintain, local resturants with classic Puerto Rican cuisine, a nice mix of tourist, local and surf shops and also fast food for hungry teenagers who want a pizza or Burger King. Nancy has done a very thorough job detailing the local community in a handy information packet ( a copy is on the coffee table too). I appreciated Nancy's appropriate concern and communications when discussing our desire to stay at Casa Serena wanting to ensure that everyone's (including the other guests') vacations would be enjoyable and peaceful. The other guests at Casa Serena, Mike and Pat from Vermont, were very pleasant. The location seemed ideal with a nicely landcaped tropical backyard that opens directly onto a very nice long stretch of a fine sandy beach; a large almond tree is very conveniently located near the back gate and provides a nicely shaded rest area. The people on the beach were friendly and respectful. The water was interestingly calm enough to swim with my 13 year old son but there was enough surf to boogy board near the shore. In the ocean close to the shore there are large flat shelves of rock covered with a thin layer of vegetation that we would walk on barefoot (waist deep) out into the ocean, then at the ledge (4 to 6 feet deep) we would swim around, snorkle or just float. The water clarity was okay with some brightly colored tropical fish seen around the rock ledges. On the beach there are nearby rentals- long surf boards with paddles, jet skis, group water rides, etc. There are a variety of other nearby beahes in Rincon including some with world class surfing (World Surfing Championships held there in 1968 and 1988, we just missed a Corona sponsored competition there by 2 weeks at nearby Dome's beach in Rincon)), next time I want to include some long board lessons for me (rated 5/5 by others on this website). I hope we will be able to return to Casa Serena and enjoy another week at the beach sometime soon. Thank you Nancy and Gloria.

For those who haven't been to Puerto Rico: My wife is from Puerto Rico and so we have visited her family and the island numerous times. I am from the midwest, so when I first visited the island I had to become accustomed with a mild language barrier especially in the nontourist areas (be patient and understanding most people understand English well enough but may be somewhat less detailed when speaking it) and with driving in Puerto Rico especially during their rush hour traffic around San Juan (I have found it enhanced by having a reasonable confidence, healthy caution and a respectful awareness of others on the road).

Date of stay: March 2012
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: overall great location near the beach with convenient local businesses, nearby activites
Liked least: able to hear a few chickens in the early morning
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
27 Mar 2012
Dear Bernie,

Thank you for the great description of Casa Serena and our town of Rincon. I am sure it will give prospective guests a very accurate picture of our home. You are the kind of guests we love to have share our tropical get-away. We look forward to your return.

Nancy
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.