“Sorry but now closed due to bereavement of the Landlord”

The Spinning Wheel.
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Sad to see this great Pub close as this WAS a great place to eat at reasonable prices.
My wife and I had a lot of very good meals there, also you got a good helping and felt fed.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

I used to go to the spinning wheel every now and then, but when I was there last Xmas, it was closed. I was told the owner passed away and the pub closed ever since.

1  Thank RP-Netherlands
Reviewed 13 September 2016

If you get married in the village, this is a savage spot for photos. Great craic, brilliant customer service and lovely pints to boot!

1  Thank ericjames1984
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Was staying in the nearby Blackwater castle for a friends wedding and came her on the Friday evening for some food and drinks.

Typical traditional local village pub that served home cooked style food that did the trick for our requirements.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Norrie and Tom couldn't have been more helpful. Such a fab pub. Clean rooms. Lovely breakfasts. Fab dinners. Music at night. Great craic. I was at a Poetry Festival and I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Spinning Wheel.