Innisfallen Hotel(Fossa)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$108
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

Douglasha House(Fossa)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$303
US$293
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Reviews (2 782)
2 782 results
2 204
2 204
All reviewspanorama restaurantoutdoor poolspa cafedessert buffeta lake view roomlake and mountainsthermal suitebeautiful hoteltop classsecond to nonefive star hotelspa facilitiesstar experiencemain restaurantsteam roompublic areasfrom start to finish
39 - 44 of 2 782 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While the location and scenery at the Europe hotel was absolutely fantastic, unfortunately the hotel standard did not live up to my expectation of a 5-star resort.
My experience to date of recently modernised hotels has been to a far higher standard than that which I observed and experienced in the Europe. This is disappointing in that when one would choose spending their hard-earned money and limited valuable time away with husband or wife away from children The Europe did not deliver as I had hoped it would.
Competition in this space (5-star standard hotels) I would imagine is tough, there are some fantastic options available- for this reason I was disappointed in the Europe and felt the service and standard fell short.
The following is a breakdown of the areas for improvement I would like to see.
From a cleanliness perspective the practices observed that did not reflect the 5-star standard I would have expected as follows;
A strong smell of food in the elevator to our room- it appeared that this was used to transport food for room service
Beer bottles were left on a table on the corridor for >6hrs as I noted them on arrival and they were still there when we were going back to our room post dinner
Balcony had weeds growing on it and weeds were visible both above and beyond the glass screen
Glass screen was not clean- bird poop evident
The hand rail was in need to re-staining, rail was rough to touch and felt like splinters underhand
Sound control within the bathroom did not work and bedside light on one side of the bed also did not work
Turndown service completed when we were not in the room which is perfectly fine however shampoo was not replaced, I only noted this the following morning when I went to shower
Insufficient staff covering Active Area, we waited around and eventually went looking for someone to provide robes on entry. This happened on 2 separate occasions, at one point there were approx. 6 adults all waiting, people took it upon themselves to go and look for staff help
The restaurant area was busy however staff appeared to be trying to do all things for all people and attention to detail was lacking
Unfortunately, I did not feel that my overall experience at the Europe lived up to that standard I anticipated, and I would be slow to choose the resort again given the current options around the country for similar 5 star hotels.
On a positive not the location, scenery and tranquillity of the hotel was second to none- truly magnificent

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank sineadosully
KillarneyHotels, Manager at The Europe Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Sir/|Madam,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us.

Please accept our apologies that your stay was not up to par, I assure you this is not the norm.

We value all feedback here in the Europe Hotel and Resort and so we have passed on your comments to our team.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again as we trust you will have a more pleasant stay.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you have not visited this hotel than make sure you do. The scenery, location and hotel were fantastic. We were also very lucky to have beautiful sunshine the weekend we stayed. Food was wonderful. We ate in the Brasserie Restaurant. Great choice and fairly priced. Such a relaxing hotel. Fabulous grounds to walk and such calm and peaceful surroundings. Loved my stay!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Tinaflynn8,

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us from start to finish, there is no place like the Europe when it is sunny!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When you will arrive in the lobby, you will be stunned with the view on the lake and the mountains of the kerry, especially if you can enjoy a nice weather. The service is great, food great, the bedrooms very nicely decorated. But architecture of the building has nothing special and you need to like the big hotel with huge infrastructure. This one is not a romantic small boutique hotel!! We strongly recommend walking along the shore. it is so peaceful.

Stayed: June 2018

Dear Sunlight34,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Be sure to try our complimentary horse-riding on your return, which is lovely for couples looking to explore Killarney a little further.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have come to this hotel every year for the last 15 years. Each time I come and stay is just as special as the previous holidays here. The hotel and grounds are spectacular and definitely won’t be beaten for beauty as you have the most spectacular views ever.

The staff are all amazing so so friendly and cannot do enough for you. It is by far my favorite place to stay.

I would totally give this hotel 10 out of 10. Looking forward to my next visit already.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Tottenham12,

Thank you very much firstly for your review, and secondly for your continued custom throughout the last 15 years!

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay once again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

On this trip to Ireland we have stayed at some five star hotels. The Europe is a 4 star with 3 star service.

The Europe is a very nice looking, well decorated, modern looking hotel with a stunning view of the lake and mountains. The rooms are clean, well appointed and comfortable. There are many different lounges where one can relax and take in the scenery.

However we were very disappointed with the level of service. When we arrived at the front door by car we had to ask for some assistance with our luggage. We were not told where our room was but our luggage was whisked off ahead of us and it was only once we saw our bellman returning back to the lobby that he pointed us in the direction of our room. We had a drink in the lounge one afternoon and service was scarce. We watched numerous crows take food off of the plates that were yet to be cleared from dining tables on the patios. These tables needs to be cleared more quickly so the crows don’t take the leftover food.

At dinner in the Panorama restaurant our server seemed uncertain about a few things and kept having to return to the kitchen to ask. This morning at breakfast we saw the same server ironing a tablecloth while it was on a table. Not something I want to see while I am eating breakfast. The breakfast bacon was hard and some of the fruit was brown.

This morning I tried calling the hotel operator from my room...no answer. Next I dialed reception....no answer. Finally I dialed the concierge and after several rings someone answered.

There is no air conditioning in the rooms.

The location is too far to walk to town.

We would not stay at The Europe again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Stacey O

Dear Stacey O,

Thank you for your review.

We value all guest feedback and we do apologise as it seems our hotel was not for you.
We hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Ireland.