Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews warm welcome homely atmosphere bed was very comfortable pete ness
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 September 2020

Arriving early in Ness on a gloomy rainy Sunday afternoon, a phone call to Pete was greeted with I'm all ready for you, come on in' After talking through Covid 19 protocols, we settled in to our room, simply and comfortably furnished. Then made use of the lovely lounge and read our way through to dinner, one of Louise's recipes, cooked and presented perfectly by Pete, who noted my dietry requirements. Breakfast set us up for a days exploring, about which Pete made suggestions that turned out brilliantly. The homely atmosphere and warm welcome draws us back. Hope we'll make it, much more to explore. LOVED our stay.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 8 August 2020

After a day of rain we decided against camping and with very little notice The Decca was able to offer us a room. Facilities were good, the bed was very comfortable and breakfast was great. As a whole the property was clean although I wouldn’t say it was spotless but can’t complain with the very little notice given.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2019

Louise and Pete are adorable
I got there too ealry from Harris and despite this i was welcomed by Pete's enthusiastic smile
They just know how to make you feel at home; the food cooked by Louise is original, local and just excellent
I was invited to lie down on one fo the the sofa to rest and put my feet up!
Mattress a bit hard
Breakfast awesome
Pete likes playing piano and it makes the meal more romatic
It was hard leaving there....
I will definitely be back

1  Thank Francoise L
Louise M, Owner at The Decca, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2019

It was lovely to have you stay with us. Se you again one day.

Reviewed 25 September 2019 via mobile

We stayed as Britstop members while travelling in our campervan and were given one of the best welcomes so far on our trip. Sampled Louise’s superb home cooking and were reluctant to leave so we could sample more!! Talking to guests over breakfast it is clear The Decca is well worth a stay.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Louise M, Owner at The Decca, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2019

It was lovely to have you here. Enjoy your adventures

Reviewed 21 September 2019

The Decca exceeded all expectations! The house is warm and welcoming, the home-made food delicious, and the hosts Louise and Peter go the extra mile every day to make everyone feel at home. The evening meals are a real pleasure, with the added bonus of traditional music played by Louise and Peter.
The Decca is perfectly located, with a nature reserve and bird hide right opposite, a gorgeous beach only 10 minutes walk away, a social club within 5 mInutes (you can buy alcohol there to take back to the Decca), and a sports centre, again within 5 minutes.There are lovely walks/runs round the cliffs and beaches and up to the lighthouse. I saw many birds including whooper and mute swans and large flocks of lapwings and curlews.
I was staying there to write, which worked perfectly for me, as I enjoyed the peace in the daytime and the company of other guests in the evening, many of them cyclists.
I'm missing the Decca already and hope to come back again very soon!