“Breakfast to go”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We were staying at whispering pines resort next-door. Went to Darbis and got biscuits and gravy to go. Biscuits were light fluffy and the gravy was good but could use more sausage! We are going to try something different this morning. It’s a great place friends family and fun.

Darbi K, Owner at Darbi's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thanks so much for coming in, and we'll certainly keep our eye on that sausage....we're definitely not known for skimping. :)

Thanks for the amazing review, and we do hope you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

There are a lot of excellent reviews of Darbi's and after lunch today, my wife and I agree. We will be in town for 4 more days and plan to return at least once for breakfast. Service was prompt, friendly and efficient. The sandwiches (tuna melt and BBQ pork) were very tasty and filling. Drinks were refilled quickly. The dessert menu looked great but we were too full - will save room next time!

Darbi K, Owner at Darbi's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

A million thanks Rich, we're very flattered.

I hope the next four days came with zero disappointments, and that we are forever your "go to spot" in Pinetop. :)

See you soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I had the turkey dinner. I really liked it and would give it a 5. My husband had the open faced roast beef and he did not like it very much. I like that our dinners came with the soup and salad bar too. We bought a brownie and a pumpkin coffee cake pastry to take home and neither were very good. They were disappointing. My husband thought the food had too much pepper, but I like pepper; maybe that why I liked it.

Darbi K, Owner at Darbi's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Oh I'm sorry your husband didn't enjoy the hot beef, I sure hope you mentioned that while you were here.

While we always appreciate the great reviews, after reading this it feels like you were more than generous considering....and though it's very kind of you, I hate to hear how we fell so short of your expectations.

Please come back and see us in the future, and let your server know about this previous visit. They can better guide you towards a delicious meal for your husband that wouldn't have the seasoning problem. Also, if he (or you) doesn't care for the meal for whatever reason....let us fix it for you.

It's always our pleasure to do so, we absolutely want both you and your husband too leave thoroughly satisfied. :)

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

They were able to accommodate our group of 13 easily! All of our meals were delicious! There salads are huge, I would have ordered half if I would have known! They also have homemade pie!! A local hometown cafe restaurant with friendly staff!

Darbi K, Owner at Darbi's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Hi Stephanie, so happy to hear we hit the mark with everyone.

Sometimes we shock ourselves with how quickly we can get such large parties in here, lol. Trust me when I tell you how much I admire my hostesses for that.

Thanks so much for coming to see us while you were here, and thank you for taking the time to share this awesome feedback with us, and others. :)

Hope to see you in Pinetop again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch. We recently bought a place in Show Low to escape summer heat in the valley.

This place always seems busy so we have it a try. I had a chicken Baja Bowl. It was very good although a tad spicy. I would order the sauce on the side next time.

Hubby had a green chili cheeseburger. We lived in Santa Fe for a time so we know green chili foods! Hubby said it was very good. Not as good as New Mexico but good. He said he would have it again.

Overall Darbi’s will stay on our list of go to places.

YAY!

Welcome to the white mountains, and thank you!
I completely understand being from Santa fe, you come to expect much from mexican dishes. So we'll take one notch below New Mexico on that one. :)

We appreciate you coming in, and hope to see much much more of you now that your locals!