“Cute place.”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I had the turkey dinner. I really liked it and would give it a 5. My husband had the open faced roast beef and he did not like it very much. I like that our dinners came with the soup and salad bar too. We bought a brownie and a pumpkin coffee cake pastry to take home and neither were very good. They were disappointing. My husband thought the food had too much pepper, but I like pepper; maybe that why I liked it.

Darbi K, Owner at Darbi's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Oh I'm sorry your husband didn't enjoy the hot beef, I sure hope you mentioned that while you were here.

While we always appreciate the great reviews, after reading this it feels like you were more than generous considering....and though it's very kind of you, I hate to hear how we fell so short of your expectations.

Please come back and see us in the future, and let your server know about this previous visit. They can better guide you towards a delicious meal for your husband that wouldn't have the seasoning problem. Also, if he (or you) doesn't care for the meal for whatever reason....let us fix it for you.

It's always our pleasure to do so, we absolutely want both you and your husband too leave thoroughly satisfied. :)

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

They were able to accommodate our group of 13 easily! All of our meals were delicious! There salads are huge, I would have ordered half if I would have known! They also have homemade pie!! A local hometown cafe restaurant with friendly staff!

Darbi K, Owner at Darbi's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Hi Stephanie, so happy to hear we hit the mark with everyone.

Sometimes we shock ourselves with how quickly we can get such large parties in here, lol. Trust me when I tell you how much I admire my hostesses for that.

Thanks so much for coming to see us while you were here, and thank you for taking the time to share this awesome feedback with us, and others. :)

Hope to see you in Pinetop again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch. We recently bought a place in Show Low to escape summer heat in the valley.

This place always seems busy so we have it a try. I had a chicken Baja Bowl. It was very good although a tad spicy. I would order the sauce on the side next time.

Hubby had a green chili cheeseburger. We lived in Santa Fe for a time so we know green chili foods! Hubby said it was very good. Not as good as New Mexico but good. He said he would have it again.

Overall Darbi’s will stay on our list of go to places.

YAY!

Welcome to the white mountains, and thank you!
I completely understand being from Santa fe, you come to expect much from mexican dishes. So we'll take one notch below New Mexico on that one. :)

We appreciate you coming in, and hope to see much much more of you now that your locals!

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Great food. Most had breakfast but I thoroughly enjoyed my walnut chicken salad wrap. It was full of chicken and walnuts and raisins and lots of fresh romaine and sprouts. I’ll definitely have this again.

Hi Val,

So glad you enjoyed the chicken salad, still one of my personal favorites.

We appreciate you coming in, and for writing this review....and we really appreciate you coming back! :)

See you soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Friday night Fish Fry has everybody within an easy travel range converging of this cafe at dinner time. Due to the amount of potential customers ahead of us (a family of eight), it took about 30 minutes to get a table. The service was good, the food better. A wide variety of food was ordered from our table, as the age range was 9-72. Everybody was very satisfied with the quality of the food, and the quantity was such as most could not eat all that was served. Highly recommend, especially for those with hearty appetites.

That's awesome!!!

What a nice review, thanks so much for taking the time to write it.

Fridays can get a bit crazy around here, so we truly appreciate your patience, and are thrilled to know that you found us to be "worth the wait." Can't get much better for us that that. :)

Hope this means we can count on seeing you for many years to come.