“Try the sharing platters”

World Travel Food Bar - WTF Bar
Ranked #61 of 102 Restaurants in Williamstown
Price range: US$18 - US$45
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

We had one of their two-person share platters ($29 per person, $58 for two) and was very happy with the variety it offered. We were torn between the Middle-Eastern, Balkan and the Mediterranean platters and decided on the latter though all looked enticing.

We ate on the footpath seating area out front as it was warm and enjoyed the atmosphere on what was, that day at least, a fairly quiet street. Staff were pleasant, efficient and friendly.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (12)

Reviewed 21 February 2021 via mobile

The venue was fantastic for my sons 21st the staff were so helpful and met all our needs for an organised fun time with friendly bar staff who also kept the lads in check thanks Jaime big shout out to Jenny the functions manager who made everything fit together seamlessly! Great shots of the worlds greatest attractions projected on the walls added that extra vibe! Sound system was perfect to play all the hits and the food went down a treat!
Definitely recommend

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 20 March 2020

Bought the voucher for a German platter - even at the discounted voucher price I still thought it was only ok value, if I paid full price I would have been pissed.

Rocked up and sat outside - one of the older guys working there came and asked for the voucher, I advised I had it on my phone, he groaned and walked off and said now I have to get my computer. (The voucher says present printed or smart phone).

I ordered a wine that was advertised as $6 as got there just before happy hour ended.

Then they bought out food, The German Platter, it was all ok, some a bit tasteless. I didn't realise until I was home that they forgot 2 items on the platter, including the dessert.

After our meals were bought out (which was by 6.15pm approx) I never saw another staff member come outside. Our finished platter, plates and glasses (and my sons plates from his kids meal ) were still sitting on our table just after 7pm when we left. The staff did not come back to our table at all.

I went inside to pay for the kids meal and my drink - I was over charged for the wine (not charged happy hour prices), when I raised the incorrect cost, the same older guy looked at his watch and said "not sure about you ordering that at happy hour, it is after 7pm now". I advised I know I ordered it before 6pm, I ordered it when I arrived and I also saw their happy hour sign out. He did correct the bill but did not seem happy to do so.

I raised this with Groupon - they contacted WFB and their response pretty much blamed us for not raising there was missing food at the time. They did however offer for me to come in and get a wine and dessert - I declined the offer as I am really not interested in going back.

They appear to be disorganised and offer poor service. The other staff working there seem friendly, the older guy is just bloody rude really.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank WonderWilma
Reviewed 5 March 2020 via mobile

We had one of their share food platters which was a decent size for 2 people. There was a good variety to choose from catering for different cultures. A little pricey but Food was really good and friendly service. They definitely make the best churros I have ever tasted. Would recommend.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 7 February 2020

Went on a Sunday avo with kids for lunch after seeing it on Groupon. Have walked past before without noticing it.

They have a photo booth room, little playroom for younger children, the views are magic overlooking park and water, very relaxed atmosphere, service was with a smile and very helpful.

Most of all though the food was fantastic and fresh. We started with a Mediterranean platter. Not sure bout bagel. 1st one was like it was under cooked 2nd beautiful and fluffy. 6 mains were fab, churros was fab, Choc brownie maybe should be served with icecream but then I'm not a fan of cream. Brownie was fantastic.

Overall I wouldn't hesitate to go back. Reasonable priced.

Well done guys.