“Degustation Menu a treat”
Review of Spice Bar

Spice Bar
Ranked #3 of 193 Restaurants in Mooloolaba
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wow, is all that I can say. The portions small, but some many different kinds and well balanced to ensure a cleansed pallet between plates. Service was excellent (For the Sunny Coast). We are not know for 5 star silver service. Busy, but quick and attentive.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We are regular eaters at Spice Bar for the simple reason that their food is consistently delicious. Whether you choose their degustation options or just order off the menu you won’t be disappointed. The staff are excellent and the quality of the food for the price is value at its best. The restaurant also has one of the best views on the esplanade from their balcony. From the scallops to the numbing chicken wings to the duck you won’t be disappointed. Lunchtimes will always beat the crowds who book fo dinner.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went here with friends last night. I have looked forward to coming here for some time, and am aware of their good reputation. I have to say, I'm not sure why.
While none of the food was dreadful, in my opinion every dish that came out was rather ordinary. And at least half of the dishes were bland at best.
My first 'small plate', which was char sui pork, was actually a few bits of cold deli ham, with a few pickled veggies.
My steam buns were sweet and had no filling, served with a dollop of red butter with shreds of pork(a tiny, couple of shreds, of DRY pork!!)......very dull.
Safe to say I wouldn't try here again, it's too expensive for it not to be good.

3  Thank PeggyHarry1
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been dining at the Spice Bar for the last 4 years on a regular basis. It always impresses me and I order the degustation option 3 - the best of everything! I suggest you book well ahead of time so you can have a table on the balcony with the wonderful Mooloolaba Beach views. The staff members are extremely professional and very efficient in their service. New Year's Eve is also the best night out. Even though the bar and kitchen closes just before midnight, the manager/owner allows us to stay on the balcony and watch the fireworks. On the questionnaire below, I have clicked on the prices not being high but it is more like fine dining. However, the value for money is well worth every cent. The Spice Bar is by far, and without any doubt, the best restaurant on the Sunshine Coast.

1  Thank kristieokeefe
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had the $59 degustation menu and could not fault any course. The wait staff were fantastic and were happy to cater for dietary preferences. They suggested matching wines for our meal which were superb. We were extremely satisfied with every dish and the excellent service highlighted the experience. Will definitely return and would highly recommend a visit.