“No idea how to treat customers!”
Review of Shingle Inn

Shingle Inn
Ranked #35 of 218 Restaurants in Caloundra
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I understand these days that self-service is the way to cut costs and try to keep things affordable. Despite the nice decor and location this was the most unwelcoming place I have been to in a while. No smile, no greeting, no help yourself to water (heaven forbid bringing two glasses or a second menu). You are made to feel like furniture.
Then I went to order a glass of wine from the wine list. Sorry, we don’t have that one, would you like something that is not on the list? No, I’d like to see it listed and the price. What do you have that’s on your list? Nothing! It’s a new menu and we don’t have any wines that are listed! Kidding right? No. I walked out and went to Alfie’s restaurant 40m away.
These guys absolutely need to pick up their service. Don’t know about their food - I didn’t stay to find out.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Only had coffee from here but they were nice. Often I ask for a half strength coffee and it is always so strong, not here. I got the coffee exactly how I like it everytime. Quick service and handy location.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Good views, great food, good coffee.This is in close proximity to Monaco rooms.Walking distance to the beach.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Friendly staff and nice food. My husband ordered chicken schnitzel hamburger but found the schnitzel to be overcooked. He mentioned this to the staff and they were very approachable and happy to be informed of this issue. We visited Shingle Inn 3 times in our visit and all times we were happy with the service and food. Would return.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Visited early on a Friday morning and thought about having breakfast but the place sadly felt very flat,drab and lacking in atmosphere so went elsewhere.The coffee was okay ,nice and hot but nothing special unfortunately.