Reviews (1 037)
1 037 results
All reviews coogee beach two double beds ocean view across the road buffet breakfast an upgrade shower curtain bar downstairs couple of nights great position coastal walk shops and restaurants public transport crown conference concierge balcony
14 - 19 of 1 037 reviews
Reviewed 17 October 2018

I booked my room at IHG website for 2 nights. All ok with confirmation. But after my first night at the hotel, Jolyana (guest services) knocks on my door to ask me about my reservation, because the hotel system showed me staying for 1 night only. Fortunately I had the confirmation e-mail from IHG, She took note and left. After this incident, I decided to look at my account on the TV screen and it showed a meal charge to my room that was not mine. I had to go down to the lobby and Jolyana explained that there was a problem with their accounting and my room, and she said the charge would be reversed. Well, nothing happened, Several hours later I went down to the lobby once again, and Jolyana this time assured me that the charge was reversed. After I got back home, surprise, the amount was charged to my credit card. After a couple of calls from overseas, Jolyana was able to sort everything out.
I wasted hours (and so did hotel personnel) resolving this issue, which was NOT the original idea when booking at coogee beach Crowne Plaza.
Jolyana did what she could and was always polite and helfful, but I felt she was fighting against an accounting and reservation system that was not functioning well.
Apart from all this, the hotel is fine, well located, great view.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gareth L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Coogee Beach - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Please accept my personal apologies for the error that has detracted from your overall experience at Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach. I'm disappointed to hear that this has taken up your time and caused you some frustration during your visit. I'm pleased to hear that eventually Jolyana was able to have this matter resolved for you. I will be looking into this in more detail to understand exactly what happened and that it does not occur again.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel some time in the future.

Best regards

Gareth Long

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed here to attend a wedding. Excellent hotel and location. Our room was very comfortable and spacious. Staff were very friendly and helpful. the restaurant was very busy for breakfast and there was a bit of a wait for food, but the food was extensive.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Fantastic hotel. Free upgrade to deluxe room for us all
Breakfast has so much choice for 30 aus dollar. Everything you could think of including self service pancake machine.
Gym pool drinks all good prices.
Room 323 great room with a balcony looks over the sea and coogee beach and outside pool
Would recommend this hotel

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2018

Recently stayed here for three nights at the end of our Australia tour. From check we felt at home, not sure on the ladies name but she was so friendly and genuinely interested in our holiday and plans whilst in Coogee. I had emailed before our stay to advise it was our anniversary which the receptionist congratulated us on immediately. She recommended an upgrade to a nicer room as we were staying for a few nights which we happily paid for and were not disappointed. The room was huge and had a perfect ocean view, not long after settling in there was a knock at the door a bottle of wine and chocolates with a happy anniversary card, nice touch The only downside to the room was the size of the bathroom but really not the end of the world. Facilities were great, we used the gym, swimming pool and tennis courts every day, fab way to start the day. Breakfast was nice, the first day was a bit hectic it was a public holiday so it was very busy but the last two days were much calmer, plenty of choice, the egg station bit was great. We drank in the bar a couple of nights, reasonable prices, the staff were not on par with the rest of the hotel, didn't really appear to want to be there which was a shame. Despite the bar staff everyone else made up for it, the concierge lady was also fantastic so friendly and always happy to help. Cannot recommend this hotel enough, we will be back

Reviewed 6 October 2018

One night stay for hubby, myself, daughter & Mum. Easy check-in, pleasant helpful staff. King room was a great size with very comfy bed, all niceties included & very clean. Bathroom quite small in our room but bigger in Mum & daughter's twin bed room.
Buffet breakfast was nice with various options. Restaurant food also nice & reasonably priced. Good location & we all had a pleasant stay, thank you Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach!

Trip type: Travelled with family