“Italian influence”

Ranked #7 of 41 Restaurants in Palm Cove
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: All day dining from 6.30am daily. Happy Hour 3.00pm-5.30pm daily. Beachfront dining offering stunning views of the Coral Sea, incorporating outdoor seating as well as verandah seating in a classic Queensland colonial building. Proudly serving Genovese coffee.
Reviewed 28 January 2021 via mobile

Restaurant with an Italian influence though combining some of the seafood flavours of the region. The restaurant was stunning and while the night was a bit cooler due to the rain it was still very pleasant dining. The menu was not what you would call extensive though there was plenty to suit our tastes. For me I had the coral trout in tempura batter which was quite good and not dripping with oil as can be the case in some places. My partner had the crab tagliatelle which was excellent. There is a reasonably good wine and beverage list at prices that are on par for restaurants. Staff were friendly, service prompt though admittedly it was not that busy. Would happily recommend.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (3 613)

16 - 20 of 3 613 reviews

Reviewed 28 January 2021

The location and the look of the restaurant were good but our meals took nearly an hour to arrive and it was not worth the wait. The food was either dripping in oil or very bland. The prices were higher than other places along the same stretch of road. Would not recommend going

1  Thank DarrenGilbert19
Reviewed 24 January 2021

Over the years I have always highly recommend VIVOS. Menu has been fabulous, tapas wonderful with a happy hour sealed with outstanding service. Since COVID the menu has shrunk. Disappointing. I have been frequently in the last 8 months wanting to forgive VIVOS as I am so fond of it. Hoping the next time things would improve sadly it has not. The menu is very disappointing. No longer ala carte. Hoping it picks up as the location and venue is delightful. I have found many Venus in Palm Cove to be disappointing since COIVD.

1  Thank ningaloo2006
Reviewed 19 January 2021 via mobile

Recently made a visit to Palm Cove. Took advantage of wonderful service at the Vivo Cafe on two separate occasions, once for morning tea and also for a breakfast.

The atmosphere of the cafe is very relaxing l, complimented by great position across the street from the beach and other facilities. Staff on hand were very pleasant and helpful on both occasions. Meals are a little different, with touch of Asian influence so not your regular Aussie breakfast. Crab Omelette was my pick together with the Smoothie of the week.

Certainly worth a try if you are in the area. We drove from Cairns to Palm Cove just for breakfast so tells you how much we enjoyed it. Peter and Mary, Brisbane

Reviewed 19 January 2021

After being recommended by several people, my friends and I to went to Vivo’s for dinner. The venue was lovely but once we sat down and ordered our entrees (calamari and olives) and a bottle of wine, it took 30mins for the entrees to arrive and 15mins for a bottle of red. Not only did we have to wait for the entrees for a unnecessary amount time but also our mains, which took an additional 45mins. Once we received our main meals, I can confidently say that the sautéed greens was the ONLY best thing on the table, the food was bland and not worth the wait, nor the price. I do not recommend.