See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I paid $55/night. Credit cards accepted. Large comfortable room with large comfortable bed and spacious bathroom. Good A/C. Minifridge. Laboratory clean. Electronic safety box. Decent breakfast included at decent onsite restaurant. Huge, clean pool. Hotel is located close to guagua station to Sanchez/Samana/Galeras. Hotel is very far from beach area where most of the (very overpriced) restaurants are. Hotel does offer a shuttle service. You'll be safe and comfortable at this hotel, but Las Terrenas sucks--it is ugly, and noisy, and the beach/ocean is nothing special. (Punta Rucia is far nicer...)

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

I'm sure that if you get the right room it is a nice place. But we had our room next to the neighbours whom had two roosters that woke us up during the night... Also although they have put mosquitonets for the windows the mosquitos came in. You werent able to hear the tv because in the highst volume you didnt hear a thing. And the walls are so thin you can hear wverything the neighbours said .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Beautiful and clean hotel with wonderful green garden! Really nice and friedly staff! Helped us to organize taxi and enjoyed delicious presidente beer with them! Muchos gracias Amigos! Bob marley is with you!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2017

Nice place with bungalow style rooms around a quite large pool, Rooms with fan are cool at night, but noisy because of traffic and nearby music. Also noise from the neighbouring room is quite loud. They also have airco rooms that should be more quiet. But for the price we paid it was quite good. Very clean rooms and nice housekeeping staff. Breakfast is ok, but you need to ask. Juise was included, but the waiter didn't bring it till we asked. Pool is nice and there are 5 or 6 sunbeds.

Room Tip: Consider an airo room at the back as far away from the street as possible
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

The hotel in it self is really nice, the personal just really bring down the quality. When we tried to access the wifi the receptionist (hotel manager) was not to be found, he left and stayed as he pleased, when he turned up he gave us the wrong wifi code and was to proud to correct himself, it was only because one, one nice employee overheard the conversation and came over and corrected him.
In the morning we went to get the included breakfast, which the employees didn't seem to know anything about, after some time we convince them that there is an included breakfast. They apparently had a menu card showing what was included all along (hustling comes to mind). When they serve us they say that my two friends an I should share the equivalent of two scrambled egg. I get a hold of the menu card and explain what their own menu card says in detail before they give in a serve all of us the food we have paid for the night before....
Wouldn't expect that from a expensive place like this.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank TrailBlazer91272
Jose Maria A, Propietario at Hotel Palococo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2016

Dear Mr. S.D.F...
Please excuse my bad English.
As you have chosen to issue an anonymous opinion, I will keep your identity hidden.

I am the manager of the hotel but I had no opportunity to know you because I'm in my house in Spain for health reasons.
When I read your opinion the first thing I thought was that it was not our hotel.
But I was able to confirm your stay ..... and keep my surprise for some of your remarks..

For several months Las Terrenas is suffering enough problems with the power supply. Although we have power plant, sometimes the wireless service is down and unset and it is necessary to set a new password.
Our employee (not manager) had not yet been informed of the change. Sorry for that. Fortunately someone came and provided them with the correct information.
Clarified this point, there are two things I do not understand:
- Our rates always include (except special request) continental breakfast and no employee would dare deny it. I have not gotten to know anything else. Sorry.
- As your comment, it seems that our rates are high. Anyone can see that we are actually quite cheap and have an excellent quality / price ratio
I can only imagine a misunderstanding (which can not quite understand) and I can assure you that we are not expensive, that we are proud of our staff and service (naturally improvable) and that our customers are always the most important for us. Perhaps it is the reason why we are one of the historic hotels of Las Terrenas, and we spect to continue at your service.
Thank you for your attention.
J.M. Alzugaray