“THE PLACE for going out in Las Terrenas”

El Mosquito Art Bar
Ranked #2 of 8 Nightlife in Las Terrenas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cocktail Bar - Bar de Copas / Live Music / Exposiciones de Arte / Good Vibes / Dj / Events... Let s have fun !!!
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Mosquito is the best option for going out in Las Terrenas, excellent setting, atmosphere, bar and owners! Kathy, Carola and Olivia are the best hostesses! Do not hesitate to visit their two options, the one on the beach on your way to El Portillo and the one in town in Pueblo de los Pescadores!

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Friendly cozy spot. A great list of spirits to be had while enjoying the breeze coming through the open air design of this lounge/bar/nightlife spot. Three of us had a few rounds , enjoyed the art work hanging on the walls. Not sure if they are up for sale. I’d go back to chill at this spot over n over again

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Very popular place on a Saturday. Mix of locals and tourists. Good drinks, good vibe and good music.
Definitely the “ Go To” place to start the festivities after dinner. Place picks up quickly with peak hour around midnight.
Crowd eventually crosses the street to finish the night.
I enjoyed my time at this cool beach bar.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I used to be an all season client.
i'm resident in Las Terrenas Dom Rep since 2003 and i used to go in the older Mosquito location too, but something weird happened to me.
I was there with some friends of mine and we were drinking and having fun since 11pm,around 1 am i went to pick up something in my car that was parked in their parking lot and when i tried to get back at the bar were i had an open tab,girlfriend and friends waiting for me : I WAS REJECTED from the bouncer and i was said that i had to wait to get in again even if i was already there even if i had to pay....(actually he said that he does't give a f...k if i was already in or if i had to pay drink).
I work in nightlife industries since early '90s and it never happened to be treated this way.
After that i decided to call the manager/owner in charge to discuss the matter and ask explanation and the bouncer try to get into a fight with me and his friend bouncer get me into a wrestling choke position.
Owner was there walking me towards him before all this crazy things happened but it seems she has no clue in how to control his staff and i believe that there is no training in how treat people especially if they are spending money in their business.
Worst night ever......

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 February 2018

The drinks were great with a wide range of cocktails. The bar staff were friendly and fun. The bar had an inside outside vibe going on and I really liked the look. The prices were reasonable. And if you want to take the party on elsewhere, it's in a good central location, with the late night clubs a short walk away. A great bar to start at. Make sure you visit.

1  Thank Meral T