“Used to be my fav. place,,,,than.....”

El Mosquito Art Bar
Ranked #2 of 8 Nightlife in Las Terrenas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cocktail Bar - Bar de Copas / Live Music / Exposiciones de Arte / Good Vibes / Dj / Events... Let s have fun !!!
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I used to be an all season client.
i'm resident in Las Terrenas Dom Rep since 2003 and i used to go in the older Mosquito location too, but something weird happened to me.
I was there with some friends of mine and we were drinking and having fun since 11pm,around 1 am i went to pick up something in my car that was parked in their parking lot and when i tried to get back at the bar were i had an open tab,girlfriend and friends waiting for me : I WAS REJECTED from the bouncer and i was said that i had to wait to get in again even if i was already there even if i had to pay....(actually he said that he does't give a f...k if i was already in or if i had to pay drink).
I work in nightlife industries since early '90s and it never happened to be treated this way.
After that i decided to call the manager/owner in charge to discuss the matter and ask explanation and the bouncer try to get into a fight with me and his friend bouncer get me into a wrestling choke position.
Owner was there walking me towards him before all this crazy things happened but it seems she has no clue in how to control his staff and i believe that there is no training in how treat people especially if they are spending money in their business.
Worst night ever......

Date of experience: January 2018

Reviewed 20 February 2018

The drinks were great with a wide range of cocktails. The bar staff were friendly and fun. The bar had an inside outside vibe going on and I really liked the look. The prices were reasonable. And if you want to take the party on elsewhere, it's in a good central location, with the late night clubs a short walk away. A great bar to start at. Make sure you visit.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank Meral T
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

The lovely little mosquito art bar was right across from House we rented in Blanco’s Del Atlantico and was definitely the place to be! They have free paddle boards that you can use, a volleyball court and a tightrope to practice your skills on (probably not after a few mojitos). We would hang out here most afternoons on our trip in the comfortable lounge chairs watching the crystal clear waves crash against the beach. Our kids loved all the extras and mom and dad loved the cocktails!

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

I travel to the DR few time a year. Im DR born and raised and now live in the USA. I visited the bar earlier this month. My brothers and I had a good time at the bar. The DJ played very good music. The bar selection was great. HOWEVER... I placed my credit card for a tab and at the end of the night (six beers later) I asked for the check. The waitress gave me the bill as you can see below, and I said I would like to pay cash. She said had charged my CC but I could speak to the cashier to get it refunded. The cashier had an attitude and said could not return. I said I never gave the OK to charge my credit card and it was only for a tab. I had enough cash to cover. She didn’t want to hear it. I asked to speak to a manager. She said manager wasn’t there and I could come back the following day at 7pm to talk to her (VERONICA). I found this to be so rude. I mean you end up paying ITBIS (taxes) plus another (impuesto)..meaning 2 types of taxes and that doesn’t even covers the tip. They technically rob you if you pay with credit card. I had no way of coming back because I left the area the next day.

This is a touristy area I get it that the prices are higher BUT....

6 beers approx $20 USD
tax #1 $ 4 USD
tax #2 $ 2USD

I don’t have the bill for the three shots of tequila and like juice we had. $1500 PESOS equivalent to $32 US dollars. I don’t even pay this in the USA.

I won’t be coming back to this bar and will warn my friends that Travel not to.

Date of experience: January 2018