“DONT USE your Credit Card”

El Mosquito Art Bar
Ranked #2 of 8 Nightlife in Las Terrenas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cocktail Bar - Bar de Copas / Live Music / Exposiciones de Arte / Good Vibes / Dj / Events... Let s have fun !!!
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

I travel to the DR few time a year. Im DR born and raised and now live in the USA. I visited the bar earlier this month. My brothers and I had a good time at the bar. The DJ played very good music. The bar selection was great. HOWEVER... I placed my credit card for a tab and at the end of the night (six beers later) I asked for the check. The waitress gave me the bill as you can see below, and I said I would like to pay cash. She said had charged my CC but I could speak to the cashier to get it refunded. The cashier had an attitude and said could not return. I said I never gave the OK to charge my credit card and it was only for a tab. I had enough cash to cover. She didn’t want to hear it. I asked to speak to a manager. She said manager wasn’t there and I could come back the following day at 7pm to talk to her (VERONICA). I found this to be so rude. I mean you end up paying ITBIS (taxes) plus another (impuesto)..meaning 2 types of taxes and that doesn’t even covers the tip. They technically rob you if you pay with credit card. I had no way of coming back because I left the area the next day.

This is a touristy area I get it that the prices are higher BUT....

6 beers approx $20 USD
tax #1 $ 4 USD
tax #2 $ 2USD

I don’t have the bill for the three shots of tequila and like juice we had. $1500 PESOS equivalent to $32 US dollars. I don’t even pay this in the USA.

I won’t be coming back to this bar and will warn my friends that Travel not to.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Very nice bar in the center of Las Terrenas. The drink selection is quite wide and the service is fast and precise. Prices are in line with most of the bars and pubs in the vicinity.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I went here for a few drinks and everything was ok. Actually, the drinks were good. The ambiance was nice and the overall experience was positive.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

This is the best bar in the Dominican Republic for sure. Great music, drinks, bartenders, and people!