Reviews (2 407)
2 407 results
All reviews ice room thermal suite salt room lovely hotel outdoor jacuzzi hyperion restaurant steam room course dinner restaurant staff cooked breakfast a lovely stay birthday treat bar and restaurant stayed for one night ascot races royal ascot treatment
10 - 15 of 2 407 reviews
Reviewed 4 November 2018

I stayed at your hotel last night and sadly was not very impressed at all.
Things started off badly and didn't get much better.
I checked in and then went to the bar for a drink which was a mess! Many tables not cleared and people queuing at the bar to be served.

We ended up having to clear our table ourselves after waiting 20 minutes. After 30 minutes at the bar my husband asked if the bar staff could even acknowledge him.I went to reception to see if there were any more staff in the hotel to assist the two members of staff in the bar - the response I got was "the staff we have is the staff we have, we cant make more staff". So whilst numerous members of staff milled around reception could they not have even helped clear tables?

Finally we got served, when we left the bar at 4pm the table next to us had not been cleared to an hour!

I then went to the pool / spa area which again was dirty. Numerous take-away coffee cups left around and the hydro pool was not working. The sign said an engineer was expected at 4pm to fix the pool. When I left at 7pm neither the pool area had been cleared nor the pool fixed. Today the hydro pool was still not working and neither were the showers!
Last night I ordered a meal and wine to my room from room service. My meal arrived with out the wine ordered! The wine eventually arrived however by this stage I had finished my meal.

This morning at breakfast again no staff at 8am! The chef had the food set up but there was nobody at 8am to seat guests so we all took it upon ourselves to find a seat. The bread for toast eventually appeared at about 8.25am and tables were still being set with milk and butter at 8.20am.By this time it was getting quite busy. I actually saw the restaurant staff arrive at 8am as I was walking to breakfast. Surely they should arrive with adequate time to set up?

Further to this the photographer for last nights wedding was set up at the entrance to the bar clogging up the area - this probably wasn't the best area for her to be selling these? I saw they had their own private breakfast area set up, this would have seemed more appropriate.

For a one night stay this is a raft of issues.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank Danielle_LON
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

This has by far got to be the best Spa break hotel I’ve been to. The check in & checking out was super smooth and easy, had an amazing welcome from the team. 5* service throughout my short stay, my bed was heavenly, the housekeeping was nothing short of exceptional. Robes and slippers provided. Spa was just phenomenal, the hydro pool was incredible, perfect for me as I don’t like swimming in cold water. Had dinner and breakfast at Acanthus Restaurant and Bar. Mouth watering steak cooked perfectly, hand cooked chips beautiful accompaniment with flat mushroom and sides. The waiter and waitresses service during my breakfast was superb, again very attentive and nothing was too much for them. All in all I found everyone went above and beyond their duties and made my stay, an incredible chilled out one. I will surely be returning, this time with my friends and family in the near future. Thank you.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my daughter after a day out at Legoland.
Im a chef & I run a hotel and 4star restaurant so I'm always taking in a hotel experience, from check in to rooms, restaurant service, It's what I do for a living so obviously take a huge interest in how other places run....
So firstly...
The building is beautiful, nicely furnished in the original part and very sympatheticly joined to the large extension of hotel bedrooms.

The lady who checked us in was lovely, very smartly dressed and helpful with all the information on the hotel. Chatty to myself and my daughter.

We went of to our room, not a huge room but plenty big enough for our one night stay. It was a little cold but I turned up the air con and it soon warned up, it was a freezing day.
The bedroom was spotlessly clean, and the beds were so comfortable, I slept like a baby!
small tea tray, enough for a cuppa each, bottled water.
elemis toiletries, so not cheap. (I'm allergic to Elemis but my sister loves it!) The bathroom was clean, bath was a little small but fine, big fluffy towels.
T.v took a little playing with, but worked fine.

Swimming pool was nice, clean, spa rooms were lovely and the thermal pool was bliss!

The restaurant was fantastic, the two french waiters/restaurant managers (one may have been Belgium) were lovely, one had a fantastic way with the kids, keeping them happy but quiet and the other had complete control over the younger waiting staff. They ran the restaurant completely seemlessly and they were helpful and had a good understanding of the food they were serving. The food was fantastic,as was the Scottish gin I was served.

The Breakfast staff weren't quite as warm and welcoming as the evening staff, they were very efficient.
To be fair most guests were just walking in, reading the "please wait here to be seated" sign, ignoring the sign and proceeding into the restaurant to hunt down the waitress, who was already awear of them and was on her way to them... then id be pretty annoyed to if I was dealing with that from 7am!
The Breakfast is self service, was plenty of choice, tea and toast was served to us.

Check out was pleasant with a lovely lady who chatted to my daughter as we as me, asked how my stay was, always an important question on check out.

So big thank you to all the staff for making our stay lovely!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank aagreasley
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

After booking for a relaxing weekend, this hotel has caused nothing but stress!

Like many comments, check in is a joke. The girl didn’t know what she was doing. Be warned also, when the hotel takes a £50 “pre authorisation” from your card, they really do not want to give it back to you.

On check out this money wasn’t returned. They claimed it would be back in my account in 5-10 working days, it wasn’t. After numerous emails with a relatively polite, but incredibly innefficient head of reception, and finally speaking to a truly awful and unhelpful operations manager, I decided to go to my bank and claim the money back.

The time this took is laughable and the excuses made all along are pathetic.

The service in the hotel was poor and the staff in the bar didn’t know what they were doing when we ordered drinks. They didn’t know their own wine selection or even how to pour a simple beer.

The spa was absolutely full, with not a single spare sun lounger and children screaming and throwing floats in the pool.

If you want a relaxing spa break, book somewhere else!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank thomdaniels
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Got married at this beautiful hotel in August and literally had the best day. Chris our ‘go to guy’ on the day and also the master of ceremonies was just unbelievable. We have never received a service like he provided. So many people commented on him and his fantastic team. Nothing was to much trouble and the attention to detail was something else!
The preparation leading to the wedding was rubbish. We booked 16 months in advance and in that time had 3 different wedding event planners. Honestly did not feel at ease with being handed over to the newest one only a month before the big day. However when we met with Chris a week before he totally put us at ease and went through everything from start for finish and actually had some good suggestions on what works well etc.
He met us the day before to unload our car of the decorations etc we had and messaged me picture updates of the room the night before. Everything was done to the T and just looked out of this world.
Fantastic day at a beautiful venue.

Date of stay: August 2018