Royal Berkshire Hotel(Sunninghill)(Great Value!)
US$137
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

Highclere Hotel(Ascot)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$107
US$96
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$77
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$1 087
US$744
Hotels.com
Premier Inn Bagshot Hotel(Bagshot)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
US$417
US$97
US$85
Agoda.com
Travelodge Bracknell Central(Bracknell)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Reviews (2 347)
2 347 results
All reviewsice roomthermal suitelovely hotelsalt roomoutdoor jacuzzihyperion restaurantevening mealsteam roomrestaurant staffcooked breakfasta lovely staybirthday treatbar and restaurantstayed for one nightascot racesroyal ascottreatment
13 - 18 of 2 347 reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

On arrival hotel looked lovely and the security gates where a big plus.

The lobby , lounge and reception where great . A lovely floral display as you entered.

Check in not so good. A male receptionist checked us in. He was unpleasant and unprofessional. Handed over our key card and pointed vaguely to the lift.

We stayed in the older part of the hotel. Room was furnished to suit the age of the hotel which we really liked. Room was clean, bed was comfortable and a good size. No complaints with room or bathroom. Loved the Elemis toiletries.

The ladies in the spa where lovely as where the treatments.

The evening meal was not that great. Maybe I expected too much but I thought the restaurant experience would have been more refined. I have never seen so many tomato sauce bottles in use in one restaurant before in fact never in a decent restaurant.

Had a very good nights sleep.

Breakfast started off well we went down at 8.30 am and breakfast was served until 9.30 am.We where seated towards the back. Good selection of fruit juice, cereals, fruit and bread etc. Cooked breakfast also had a good selection.

We had just sat down with our cooked breakfast when the waitress began to clear all the tables round us. Another couple as well as ourselves where the only ones in the back area. Tables where cleared and sprayed then a "manager" arrived and started dragging tables together and bringing chairs from another room dragging them past our table. The other couple got up and left.

By 9am we started to feel uncomfortable as did another couple who arrived for breakfast. Nobody to greet them as the waiter and waitress where now helping move tables and chairs. They even checked their watches to see if they had missed breakfast.

So no leisurely breakfast, which I love when away, for us just an unpleasant experience though the food itself was fine. We where back in our room before 9.15am.

Checkout was great a very pleasant female receptionist was everything the male at check in was not.

Just feel we missed out on a four star experience.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What can I say; £500 spent in less than 24 hours in this hotel but if you're sporting a black eye (my partner was involved in a vicious robbery two days before and this was our treat to try and relax and forget about the terrible incident for a moment. If only they had wanted to make a conversation with us, then they would have known this information rather than believing he was a yob out to cause trouble) then you do not stand a chance of receiving any customer service at all.

Upon arrival, an older gentleman who was working on the reception desk and dismissed us immediately from looking at my partners face. This same gentleman who, when we asked about late check out (willing to pay), didn't even look at his computer to check, instantly looked at us and said "No. We have a large party arriving tomorrow, I know we don't have availability". We walked off and decided to wait until someone else was covering their reception desk - this would probably be the only positive customer service when a lady appeared on reception and we asked her for a late check out and explained about the man who dismissed us. She apologised and advised that yes they do have the requirement request available, late check out sorted. The next day, that massive party who were arriving at 1pm, never arrived. Funny that.

The dinner service was terrible - we made a reservation for 7pm the day before, but on the day, we ate lunch late so asked if we were able to change this to 9pm - yes no problem they said. Arrived at the restaurant at 8.55pm (only 3 other tables occupied) and gave my name and booking time. "Your booking was at 7pm" they said. I advised I had changed this via reception earlier that day. Looked at us if we were telling a massive porky pie. They said they would see what they could do. After a few hesitant minutes, placed us on a table in the empty restaurant and couldn't get us out quick enough. Cold food, no smiles, no atmosphere. Shame.

The spa - I didn't know how to use the locker and asked a simple question at the reception desk, I was told to find someone else to ask. The massage, nothing that blew my hair back. We had booked a double room so myself and partner could be in the same room. They didn't have this booking. They did resolve this and I thought my partner had fallen asleep (a usual occurrence in this situation) as after our massage I was laughing about his snoring - he told me this was the male masseuse's breathing! The Jacuzzi wasn't working either.

The indoor pool and spa rooms (salt room, sauna, ice room etc) were lovely though.

Paying £15.00 for a cocktail wasn't lovely.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights during Royal Ascot and I believe had to take the last room available, our room was small but clean as in all these old hotels the bathroom was tiny and badly designed , the shower was over the bath and there was no make up mirror they don’t cost much so I can’t understand why more hotels don’t have them . The staff were very friendly and despite the hotel being packed out they were very efficient, we ate in the Resturant and the was very good , the breakfast were good as well very pleased they had an egg chef . My big complaint was not really the hotels fault in so much as we kept being woken up by drunken guest talking loudly in the hallways this happened all through the night it just goes to show that money and a good education doesn’t mean the you will have good manners and consideration

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hbon B
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It is such a pity about this hotel. I was here with my sister, and when we first arrived we were extremely impressed by the staff who met us on arrival. A gent called Chris and another chap, both whom offered to help us with our luggage. The reception staff were lovely too.

It turned sour when we went to the bar for a drink. When my sister went to the bar, she was utterly ignored by staff who were doing other things. No “Sorry to keep you waiting,” or anything like that and she felt embarrassed. (It was not busy either) Took too long to acknowledge and serve her.

Then at dinner time we were practically told off for not booking a table- I know a lot of hotels advise booking, but surely those who are paying a lot of money to stay there, should be given a bit more respect not to mention have no issues going to dinner without booking- surely only those not staying there should have to book?-

There were plenty of empty tables so there was no problem. Then we had to wait a ridiculous amount of time to be served our Fish and Chips and when it finally arrived, the “chips” were actually potato wedges. Not once did anyone come over to see how things were with us either. We felt ignored.

The last evening the same thing happened- we’d had no time to book a table having been out all day, and the same man treats us like we’re causing a bit of a problem not booking. What made it worse, a noisy, tacky band were playing- acceptable on cruise ships maybe, but surely not in the restaurant of a 4 star hotel where people are trying to have a relaxing meal?-and we had to move to get away from the noise to find a quiet corner to eat. Again we had to wait a long time, a half hour or so just to get drinks. One poor French man was taking care of that area of the restaurant and he did as well as he could.

Breakfast the morning we left was a disgrace. The first morning was fine. We were asked what we wanted, and it was bought over. However the final morning all the server bought us was our tea. When I asked if we could have some toast, I was told where to get it. I had to get up 5 or 6 times to get the toast, then the marmalade, juice etc.
If I’d wanted to get up and down 5 or 6 times serving myself I would have booked into a Holiday Inn. This was meant to be a place we would be served. I didn’t expect to have to serve myself. I wondered why any staff were there at all if they were expecting us to do it all. And again, no one came over to ask if we were OK, or if anything else was needed.

This was such a bitter disappointment as some staff members such as Chris, his colleague who also helped with our bags and the reception staff were fab.

The 0 star behaviour from some staff in this 4 star hotel spoiled this for us. We won’t be staying there again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank R5593DRlisas
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A group of six of us booked this hotel via Secret Escapes. We were allocated rooms in the conference centre which were OK and we didn't plan on spending much time in the room anyway. Sadly the bar prices meant that we didn't spend much time in the hotel either with a single vodka and coke at £7.50 no wonder. The spa in the hotel is lovely and is a real bonus. The spa staff told us dressing gowns were in our room but housekeeping told us because we were not staying in the Executive rooms we didn't get dressing gowns in the room. However they kindly got some for us so we were very pleased with how helpful they were. Housekeeping staff were efficient and thorough in their work but the bar staff seemed inexperienced and very slow in bringing our drinks out to the garden when we first arrived. We asked the reception staff about bus routes into Windsor and were told that they didn't know about the buses as didn't use them. No thought to finding out to help us though so we got taxis to and from Windsor. If you stay in a conference room be careful when getting out of the bath as there is a hard strip that extends beyond the lip of the bath; I hit my leg on this several times causing a large painful bruise. Ascot itself is worth visiting but doubt we would stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: conference rooms not the best I believe but are in a quiet part of the hotel. They are also air conditioned.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends