“Perfect getaway for family and friends”
other travellers have booked this property
Indoor dining table, kitchen, and outdoor dining area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Indoor dining table, kitchen, and outdoor dining area
Living area with bedroom in background
Nah Uxibal beachfront
A Soliman Bay Sunrise
Main House Sitting area
Open to the ocean downstairs sitting area
Pool with spa
Uxibal Dinning table with sitting area behind
Rainbow over Soliman
The beach of Soliman Bay
Soliman Bay homes from the water
Uxibal outdoor BBQ
Another Soliman Sunrise from the ocean
Second bedroom with balcony
Outdoor dining area
Outdoor dining balcony
Living area below with TV area with futons above
Looking at living area below from TV/loft
Lower floor sitting area open to the ocean
Nah Uxibal beach
Nah Uxibal beack
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Ry-in75
San Diego, California
“Perfect getaway for family and friends”
Reviewed 24 July 2013 for a stay in February 2013

We stayed here with two other couples, we had the main house and a studio downstairs. Loved the house, the private beach and its simplicity. This location was perfect for secluded relaxing days on our beach, day trips into Tulum beach, grocery, cenotes. We couldn't have asked for better care takers, very attentive, friendly, kind people that went out of their way for us. A car is a must like others have said, we had no problems and having traveled extensively through Mexico and Central America I felt very welcomed and safe both in the bay as well as Tulum town, great great hidden gem! Yes, the birds are loud, there is seaweed and sometimes the wind blows strong, if these things bother you then I'm not sure this is the spot for you, stick to the mega-resorts. We also became good buddies with Mimi the dog, a perk for us but again not everybody's cup of tea...

Liked best: The originality
Liked least: The pool sucked
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway
holtie
Atlanta, Georgia
“More Than I Could Have Imagined”
Reviewed 5 November 2012 for a stay in November 2012

I read about this place on a blog and truthfully, going to Mexico wasn't the highest destination on my travel list but after reading about being able to stay in my own small cottage on the beach I was intrigued.

Driving to Soliman Bay made me wonder if I'd made a mistake. You have to drive about 10 minutes down a very bumpy unpaved road but once you get here you will not want to leave. This place is so much more than we imagined! We have our own casita on the beach with a perfect view, a hammock and no noise, except for the sounds of gentle waves lapping and birds. This is not a heavily populated area and while there are people nearby, there are plenty of times you can be at the beach with no one around. It's funny but we haven't missed a sunrise or sunset since we arrived. We have a kitchenette in our place so we went to Playa for groceries. No need to go to Playa. The city of Tulum is a few miles away and you will find everything you need in there. In some ways I feel like I shouldn't talk about how amazing this place is so that it remains quietly discovered by just a few. One thing I have loved about being in Nah Uxibal has been Javier and Victoria. They are the care takers here and they make you feel at home. Victoria came and made dinner for us one night. Javier cut us fresh coconut and brought us fresh grapefruit. Snorkeling is right outside the front door and Nah Uxibal has all the basic equipment you need to go out and enjoy daily snorkeling. Come prepared to unplug and relax.

One of our favorite things in the neighborhood is Chamicos, an outdoor beach restaurant. To get there just drive past Nah Uxibal until the road ends and you will see a few tables under the trees right on the beach. There are no menus. You will be able to order the fresh catch of the day and you will have never tasted fish as good as fish prepared the Chamico way.

It has been so impressive to be in a place where everyone, both visitors and especially the local people respect nature and all of the natural resources that are here. After spending just a few moments here I've been more mindful of conservation. Nah Uxibal is so special on many levels. Being here has been a vacation in paradise.

This place is peaceful perfection.

Jeannette the owner was wonderful to send plenty of information about the area with lots of suggestions. She has been incredibly responsive to our questions and has made us feel perfectly at home. If I could figure out a way to stay a bit longer I would but one thing is for certain. We will be back.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being in a beautiful hideaway, sitting right on the beach. Who knew places like this existed?
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Catherine...
Austin, Texas
“This is one of my favorite placecs on the planet.”
Reviewed 13 August 2012 for a stay in February 2012

I sort of hate to say it out loud/online because as much as I love it, I almost hate to have others discover how wonderful it is to stay at Nah Uxibal. I have been coming here once a year for about five years now and it is truly the most relaxing, perfect vacation destination I know. And, between Skip and Jeannette (the owners) and Victoria and Javier (the caretakers) you are bound to feel the hospitality long before and long after your stay.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything you need is right there.
Liked least: Nothing not to like. That I had to go home?
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Missouri
Reviewed 16 March 2012 for a stay in February 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
CO
Reviewed 12 March 2012 for a stay in February 2012
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing