Reviews (2 497)
2 497 results
1 049
1 049
All reviews bay view great location luna park across the road port phillip bay superior room sunday market an upgrade family room palais theatre mini bar king bed spa bath cake shops public transport novatel city
47 - 52 of 2 497 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I've stayed at this hotel a few times, during conferences, so had larger rooms.
But this time it was for a break with my wife, so had a standard room.
It was a small room, but well appointed. The bathroom was also small, with a small bath/shower.
The hotel is quite nice, with a lovely restaurant/bar. We had breakfast there, and it was very well stocked.
The deal we had for the night was with Groupon, and included undercover car-parking, and breakfast.
It's in an awesome location, right in front of St. Kilda beach and pier, with a short walk to Luna Park.
If you want to eat out nearby, turn right out of the hotel and walk for a couple hundred metres, and you are in Fitzroy Street, full of great eateries.
Tram Route 96 is right out front of the hotel, and it takes you to the very heart of Melbourne through Bourke Street Mall, passing Southern Cross train station.
We parked our car at the hotel, and got the tram to the cinema in the city.
A small pool is there, but it's winter. It seems well equipped for families.
The bed was comfortable, although the sheets/pillow made noise as I slept - I toss and turn a bit :)
Overall though, the hotel was very good.
So my question: Would I stay here again? Yes, for sure, if the price is right.

Room Tip: You can get rooms facing the beach - they offer the best view. The higher up the better.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graeme P
SarahLouise3182, Front Office Manager at Novotel Melbourne St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you for your comments- we really appreciate them. We certainly hope you enjoyed your time while in Melbourne.

Josh Brodie
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Thought it was a steal for the price I paid for a TripAdvisor rated 4 star rated hotel for 3 nights.

Check in - Average. Only thing was that the manager was the only one there and he was like a one man army manning the desk, answering phone calls and tagging my bags for check in later. Great job but why only you?

Parking - Not good! I’m not very familiar with Melbourne but this area requires paid parking on street till much later compared to most places in Australia. Restrictions end only at midnight. Drivers beware and yes I drove around hunting for free parking.

Location - Fantastic in terms of the beach frontage and proximity to nice restaurants and bars.

Room - Poor. I’ve stayed in 3 star Aussie hotels that are way better. Room size was well below average. Average in terms of cleanliness and amenities.

Bathroom - Bad! This has got to be the worst designed bathroom ever. Awkward flimsy glass panels for shower curtains that do little to prevent splash, bad injury inducing placement of wall mounted soap dish and extremely small shower area are just a few things that bug me and I’m not a big person by any measure. I have never been so disappointed with a room.

Overall - Poor experience especially the parking situation and badly designed bathroom. Its only day 1 of 3 and I’m almost considering moving out to another hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We want to apologize for the issues you have and are experiencing. If you wish to discuss anything further please feel free to contact the hotel directly.

Thank you.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We stayed in a family room for a wedding and I have to say that the young lady was the friendliest receptionist I have come across in a long time. She went through all the information with us! The room was very large and spacious and very comfortable. The décor is a bit dated and the bathroom, especially the bath was in need of updating.

Breakfast was a little crowded but the staff coped very well and were efficient. The food selection was average but with so many restaurants around you could go elsewhere. The location of the hotel is excellent and close walking distance to a lot of restaurants and venues. There is parking available at a cost at the back of the hotel.

Room Tip: High floors are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
SarahLouise3182, Front Office Manager at Novotel Melbourne St Kilda, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback- we really appreciate it.

We hope the wedding was a great night!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Novatel St Kilda is always our choice of Hotel when staying in Melbourne. This trip was extra special as it was not only a footy trip from S.A. but also my 60th birthday. The hotel not only made us welcome as usual but, also gave us a surprise drinks on them for my birthday. Nice personal touch.. This hotel is great if you like to get up and go for a walk along the beach but still only be 20 minute tram ride from the MCG, Etihad, or the CBG in general. Love it.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the birthday surprise!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We were very lucky to be upgraded as guests of the day on this stay, with a King room, beach view, chocolates and a free drink voucher we were feeling very special indeed. In the heart of St Kilda, with the Beach, Acland Street, Carlisle Street, Fitzroy Street and Luna Park all just a stroll away, the Novotel is a great place to visit Melbourne's iconic suburb and surrounds.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your review- great to hear you enjoyed your upgrade!