“Ballarat Wildlife Park”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$122,58*
and up
Ballarat and Sovereign Hill Day Tour with...
Ranked #7 of 67 things to do in Ballarat
More attraction details
Owner description: Regional wildlife tourism park.
Reviewed 8 September 2018

We went there on a Tuesday afternoon, as we hadn't been to any zoos or wildlife parks for sometime. The entry fee is $35 adult & concession $29. all up cost us $64. But after we had spent our time walking around I can understand why its costs this much. the staff/ handlers were friendly & only to happy to answer any questions I had. It's a hands on with the animals, & staff give talks on various animals eg Tasmanian tiger which we went to & see the keepers feeding them while telling us about them in the wild & in zoos. Another family had a hands on with a wombat & a photo taken, if you want this it is a extra cost but I can see the value in it. The kangaroos roamed freely & are very people friendly. We would definitely go again.

1  Thank christinedrossinis
in 8 reviews
"whole family"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 2 September 2018

Wherever I travel i am always looking for wildlife parks or zoos to visit and on my latest trip to Australia I was told about the Ballarat Wildlife Park that was located about a hour from where I was staying in Bendigo. This is a private family operated wildlife park that has been run by Greg Parker for over 30 years. The park is home to numerous indigenous wildlife but also others from outside Australia. Although the bad weather, it was winter, meant that I had to visit the outdoor attractions between showers, I nevertheless had a fantastic day and the animal keepers were execellent. The park is home to Crunch a 5 metre-long saltwater crocodile and he is certainly a super croc who is over 60 years old. They also have alligators and fresh water crocodiles. The Koalas were an absolute treat to watch and quite active during my visit. The Kangeroos could be fed by hand and it was great to get up close to Tasmanian Devils and Wombats. The reptile house was home to numerous deadly piosonous snakes that are found in the outback and some from further afield. One is always thankful you are separated by a glass panel. This wildlife park is reccomended to anyone who is travelling in this part of Victoria.

3  Thank Kevin G
Reviewed 31 August 2018

This place is awesome. Kangaroos and Lamas roam around in the open. Just get the kangaroo feed to feed them and enjoy. During our visit, even Emu was in the open. It was wonderful. There are penguin, reptile and tortoise presentations as well. They were good. They have a good range of animals.
Kids love feeding the kangaroos. Nice staff and if might get some discount if you buy tickets online.
Enjoy!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I had my mouth hung open, as I entered the park & saw my first ever kangaroo coming up to me for food!! This is a lovely interactive wildlife park & we even got to stroke a Dingo. Well worth a visit!!

2  Thank Penni454
BalWildlifePark, Manager at Ballarat Wildlife Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Thanks for visiting and for the fantastic review! We're glad you enjoyed meeting a kangaroo for the first time at our park.

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 August 2018

The best Wildlife Park ever!!! All the staff was nice, loving, it’s crystal clear they love their job (they take care of them very gentle, you could hear them talking to animals calling them sweetheart and congratulating when good). Cangaroos jump freely, you can feed them, directly, buying 3dollars seeds the Park sells. You can also purchase close encounters with animals such as koalas –they’re so soft and lovely!!! Awesome experience. Easy to reach from Melbourne City, V-Line train connection and then tram.

2  Thank jadina2016

Thanks for the incredible review!! We loved reading your comments and thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit.