“Hopeless and Helpless”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was recommended here by Rita from All Australian Tours (alas she also recommend Sweet Brew who make ordinary coffee) - started well with a table upstairs and a wine order - alas the next 30 minutes the staff were enjoying themselves at the counter but wouldn’t be interrupted by diners - spying a couple receiving drinks I yelled at them to divert the waitress to me - it worked - I ordered an entree of chicken satay sewers, coconut rice and a side salad - alas 20 minutes later they arrived without the satay and the coconut - when my waiter arrived at my half eaten plate he asked “how was your dinner? I replied “tasted like crap He replied “thanks sir” about 5 minutes later the Manager appeared and asked “Sir, were keen on feedback - how can I suggest to the chef to address your concerns” I told her it was like cooking at uni with a ((BAD jar of Chicken Tonight) - avoid this place like the plague

1  Thank Paul W
Write a reviewReviews (472)

Reviewed 19 January 2021

Cheerful and smiling young lady working in the Colonial and Three Steps asked me if I was dining and as the restaurant been closed when I last visited I assured I was. She welcomed me to the restaurant and the meal was delicious fresh and well presented

1  Thank malcolmrT6759HD
Reviewed 9 January 2021 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner at Three Steps on George. Staff were very accommodating with the kids meals and nothing was too much trouble. Quaint restaurant reminded me of a British pub. Would recommend.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 5 January 2021 via mobile

Great restaurant attached to Colonial Hotel Launceston, 31 Elizabeth st.
Advice for restaurant managers:
1. don't bring out the main course while guests are still eating their entree - train your staff. This is NOT fast food, guests like to savour their entree & allow time to digest it before the mains arrive.
2. Get the drinks orders in quickly & on the table without delay, if you leave it too long there's less time for repeat orders - more drinks = more profits;
Cheers.

Reviewed 5 January 2021 via mobile

Love this quaint restaurant, the Lamb shoulder was a winner in my book, hence why we are here again. Handy to where we are staying...next door. Love the food, wine and House port to finish off an excellent meal. Compliments to the chef. Great laid back atmosphere and can even have a game of pool if so desired. Friendly and helpful staff, happy to be back the second time.