“A wonderful place to stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Welcome to Ellie's Place on City Park
The beautiful City Park is just across the road Downstairs bathroom with claw foot bath and shower
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The beautiful City Park is just across the road
Downstairs bathroom with claw foot bath and shower
Fully equipped kitchen
Family/ dining room open plan to kitchen, includes TV
Formal Living room with DVD and TV
Formal living alternate view
'Taffies Room' - queen bed
'Remy's room- double bed
'Chloes Room'- single bed
'Ellie's Room' - double bed
Upstairs bathroom- large shower
Study
Rear View, great casual seating area and cottage garden
Girls' weekends away packages-We welcome enquiries to quote a package for you!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Kaylene C
Warragul, Australia
“A wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 29 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

We have just spent 4 nights at Ellie's Place. My husband, our 6 yr old daughter and my parents (81 & 77yrs old). A fantastic location, with the park across the road, we walked to mall, museums, restuarants and to Cataract Gorge. The house was spotlessly clean and was just like a home away from home, reminiscent of "Escape to the Country". It had everything you would need and more. Bronwyn, the owner was very helpful even assisting in putting some supplies in as we flew in Xmas Day. We could highly recommend Ellie's Place we all loved staying there. We would definitely stay again if returning to Launceston.

31 Dec 2014
Dear Kaylene C
Thanks so much for your lovely comments, it is a great compliment when we hear that we have exceeded our guests expectations. We are pleased that your family felt at home and one of the best things about Ellie's Place is that appeals to all ages. (The other is of course the SUPER location!) No problem at all getting the supplies for you,happy to help. Have a lovely new year and look forward to seeing you again one day
Best wishes
Bron
Ian M
Rockhampton, Australia
“Ellie's Place is sublime”
Reviewed 16 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Charming historical house in an ideal position in Launceston. Beautifully furnished and impeccably clean. Our family of four were very comfortable with room to spare. I would highly recommend Ellie's Place and we are already looking forward to our next visit. Thank you Bron.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The amazing attention to detail in the furnishings.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
16 Jan 2014
Thanks very much for your lovely review.
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and I am sure the children enjoyed the close proximity to the wonderful City Park!
Look forward to having you stay again
suansuan
singapore
“Gorgeous Family- Friendly House”
Reviewed 5 December 2013 for a stay in November 2013

I must say I have always wondered what it look like inside these cute Victorian houses and I am so glad that we managed to stay in one that is as gorgeous and family friendly as Ellie's. The house is as beautiful and lovely as Bronwyn and filled with her wonderful family heirlooms. Most of these "antique" houses will never allow kids to stay but not for Bronwyn. . However seeing so much love and care has been put in this house, we were also extremely strict with our 10,8,6 yr old kids too as we don't want them to inadvertently damage any antiques :) But All in all, it was a truly wonderful experience for the children .
Yes the carpeted stairs is a tad narrow but not a issue for my reasonably fit parents-in-laws in the early 70s. It would be tough to lug up your large luggage up the stairs so we left them downstairs. But it is after all a 1800s house . In fact, the kids had lots of fun "sliding" down the stairs and they now fondly remember Bronwyn's house as the house with the sliding stairs.
Oh, and the city park across the road was simply divine with the playground literally a stone's throw away. Also there is a huge Coles supermarket down the road. We stayed for 2 nights and really didn't want to leave.
BTW, Browyn had a new heating installed , plus all beds have electric blankets and portable heaters.
If you are in Launceston, do yourself a favour and stay here for a truly memorable stay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Recommended for:
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
5 Dec 2013
Dear Suan
Thank you very much for the lovely review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Ellie's Place. Although the house has lots of little treasures we like people to enjoy them and only ask that our guests treat the house as they would the house of a friend. It was a pleasure to meet your lovely family and perhaps "my friend" we will see you again one day!
Lola B
Brisbane, Australia
“Beautiful Heritage House in a great Location”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Ellie's place was located on the border of City Park which was lovely to walk through and visit the conservatory and the Japanese Snow Monkeys. There is also a playground in the park for people with children. It was an easy 10 minute walk to the city centre and also easy walking distance to the Boags Brewery. The free Tiger bus stops just outside.

The property was in beautiful condition and had a fully equipped kitchen and laundry, everything you would need. There were 2 bathrooms and 2 living areas with televisions allowing people to spread out. Some things to note: all the bedrooms are up a narrow steep set of stairs (original to the house) which may not be suitable for elderly people, the central heating wasn't working effectively (pending a visit by the technician) but there were plenty of portable heaters to use instead, the BBQ was absent a gas bottle and hot plate so we had to use the free public BBQ in the park across the road which is well maintained by the council.

Bronwyn was easy to deal with and came to look at the heating on our request. Instructions given was that we were to be met at the property to check in. I contact her the day before to organise a time so that she wasn't waiting around for hours only to find that she was working until 6pm!! It would have been frustrating to arrive and no one to be there. She did supply me with the code for the door to let ourselves in and then followed up the next day to make sure we had settled in ok.

Overall we had a pleasant stay with a few teething problems and would stay there again.

5 Nov 2013
Hi Lola
Thanks very much for your review, we really appreciate you taking the time! We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Ellie's and just wanted to make a response on a couple of items. A new job means that I am not always able to personally meet guests which is a shame as this is a big part of the enjoyment of being a property owner. Guests are given the codes for digital access, however I always make sure that if guests would prefer someone to meet them that this happens. I had arranged for my housekeeper to be at the house if necessary for your arrival. I do also try to get down and meet my guests on the first night if they would like it; I am also conscious that some guests would prefer not to have intrusions. In regard to the heater- there has been issue which was finally put down to a problem with the thermostat - a new system has been on order for 2 months and as discussed I have been waiting for the gas company to install (tradies!!) The new system was installed last week and it is now working beautifully. Apologies for the BBQ, we lock the gas bottle away between stays for safety/ security and I could have got this sorted for you at the time I adjusted the heater.
I'm glad you enjoyed all the space in the house, the extra living areas certainly are a bonus when you have a group of guests.
I hope you will think of us next time you visit Launceston and hope the rest of your stay in Tassie was great
Kind regards
Bron
TXShannon
Dallas, Texas
“Darling House”
Reviewed 11 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Ellie's place is a fantastic accommodation, particularly if you're traveling with children, as it is located across the street from a fabulous park. Additionally, the house is equipped with a high chair, port-a-cot, toys, etc. It is a lovely antique house that is spacious and has everything you could need for a comfortable stay. Bronwyn, the owner, is just lovely and provided great information and tips for things to do during our stay in Tasmania. My only complaint is that the house was a little cold and we had trouble heating the downstairs, but we were quite warm and cozy in our rooms at night. Overall, the location could not have been more ideal, the house was lovely and we were sad that we weren't staying longer.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: fantastic location
Liked least: house was cold
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
11 Jun 2013
Thanks so much for your lovely review, it was great to have you and your family stay and I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the house and the beautiful Park across the road. (I hope you got to meet the monkeys and Pete the train driver!), I'm really sorry that you felt the cold downstairs, the central heating system sometimes gets confusing for guests to operate so I generally run it on 23 degrees at peak periods. If I had known you were feeling the cold I would have been down there in a flash to adjust it for you!
Hope to see you again sometime and if it is in winter time I'll make sure that you are happy with the heating!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing