“Excellent breakfast and fish & chips”
Review of Shells Diner

Shells Diner
Ranked #34 of 488 Restaurants in Wollongong
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

We visited the place altogether 3 times so far and the first visit is 18 month ago. Still same good quality.
This time we had fish&chips (Tailhead) and a bacon& Egg roll. Good portion size, excellent taste.
I would come back here again and recommend the place.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Surprised I'm not fat since I go here at least once a week. Chip portions are huge and so chip. The chips are hands down the best chips I've ever had. Always tastes perfectly cooked. Had the beef and schnitty burger and both taste nice. Calamari ring portion is huge. 6 giant perfectly cooked rings. Can only get through 3 of them, 4 max. +chips the portion is gigantic for like 9 bucks and would be enough for two people. Never tried the desserts on the display window but theyve consisted looked good. 100% best cheap feed you can get in the area. Just across the beach so location is perf

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Across the road from family friendly Austinmere beach. We ordered 2 huge battered savs, a massive plain hamburger, chips & a drink for $22. The food was ready promptly and packaged up to take across the road to the beach. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Fresh food is always the first and foremost. Then it has to be cooked correctly. Then it has to be presented well. Add friendly staff, cool ambience and you have a great meal. That is Shells Diner. Eat in or take your food across the road to the beach. I recently had a brunch there and I could not have asked for more. Just like the old beach cafés I remember as a child.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

On a recent ride, my hubby and I came across Shells Diner. It’s not flash looking from the outside but the menu sure sparkles. We had the Breakfast burger which was absolutely delicious. The egg was just runny and the mayo nice and creamy. We sat out front as it was a sunny morning with a lovely coffee and watched the beach parade of people. Definitely recommend this place.