Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Reviews (2 709)
2 709 results
1 074
1 074
All reviews seafood buffet lobby bar windjammers restaurant across the road ocean view balcony room an upgrade cafes and restaurants fantastic location accor parking carl cockatoos conference refurbishment wedding lighthouse
Selected filters
1 - 6 of 2 709 reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2021

Hotel as per previous experience is a more than comfortable establishment. They have obviously undergone or are continuing to undergo a renovation. Rooms clean, elevators are archaic but functional. Restaurant food is tasty but not with a large choice. I have no hesitation in supporting this hotel.

Room tip: The best rooms have both harbour views. I love the shipping traffic from Port Kembla, only able to be viewed from harbour view rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Vanessa Borg, Guest Services / Front Office at Novotel Wollongong Northbeach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2021

Hi KyleHill2013,
Thank you kindly for taking the time to provide your feedback. It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our upgraded facilities. I am pleased to inform you that we have commenced upgrades to our guest lifts, which will be a great addition to our property. Thank you for your support and we look forward to accommodating you again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2021 via mobile

The first disappointment was at check-in where the Duty Manager was abrupt, dismissive and very unfriendly. Not a good first impression and not at all welcoming. Then a trip to the dining room for breakfast where we were seated at a table which had not been cleaned, there were still sticky juice rings and crumbs on the table. Not really acceptable during COVID! The dining room staff were friendly but not helpful. One even got upset about having to get gluten-free bread for me.
The next disappointment was coming back to the room after a long day out to find it had not been serviced. Dirty towels still on the floor, bed unmade, dirty coffee cups and no milk. The hotel claims to be four star and they charge quite expensive rooms rates so one would expect quality service, but this was definitely not the case. Very disappointed!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi lissydaz54,
We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent experience. Providing exceptional customer service is something that is very important to us, so it is disappointing to hear that this was not experienced at the time of check-in. I will bring this to light with our Front Office Manager to further investigate. Apologies that your room was not serviced, please note behind your door there is a sign stating "please service my room" and "do not disturb" that is to be placed out on the door if a service is requested. This is to ensure that all safety measures are met within covid restrictions. With this feedback, it allows us to make positive changes within our property to better enhance our guest services and guest experience. i do hope that we have the opportunity to regain your trust and accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2021

I must start by saying we are reviewing the hotel including the $35 pp breakfast.

The first thing we do not agree with is charging guest for parking as an extra, $25 p/n.

The staff were friendly & helpful, nice rooms but not worth $535 p/n.

The hotel is located the north end of Wollongong.

I found the beds very soft, not to my liking.

The breakfast over priced for the offer.

Food lukewarm to cold at best

Bacon cheap Cafe bacon i picked 3 small pieces of eye, bonded together & tough, the forth piece curled & rock hard,

Whilst we were eating breakfast we noticed 1 particular that was set outside had Pidgeon's fly on to it, walk all over the napkins & cutlery. An other couple sitting next to it & another table had to get up & chase a mass of seagull's away as other family just got up, left their food & relocated several times inside.

They told one lady about the Pidgeon's walking over the cutlery, no action, told a second , female staff member, no action, we waited , they gave up & left, so did we.

Next time I would pick no breakfast, as there are lovely cafes out the front on the beach with lovely well priced breakfast. Yes we have eaten at them in the past.

2  Thank David H
Vanessa Borg, Guest Services / Front Office at Novotel Wollongong Northbeach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2021

Hi David H,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your constructive review. Parking is indeed charged at $25 per night, although around our property we do advise our guests that there is free ample and unmetered parking available. I am pleased to hear that you had positive interactions with our staff- as this is an aspect that is very important for us. Palisade is our new Kitchen and Bar in which we are very excited about, so it is disappointing to hear that you did not have the best of experiences whilst dining. I have brought this to the attention of both our Executive Chef and Palisade Kitchen and Bar Manager to further investigate, as well as implement measures to ensure that these issues do not occur again in the future. With this feedback, it allows us to make positive changes within our property to better enhance our guest services and guest experiences. I do hope that we have the opportunity to regain your trust and welcome you back to Novotel Northbeach in the future. If you would like to address this feedback further please don't hesitate to contact me via reception on 4224 3111.

Reviewed 30 May 2021

Opportunity to travel the beautiful south coast presented itself. Stayed @ Novotel on two nights, a Thursday and again Saturday.

On each occasion found staff encountered friendly and helpful.

Especially on the Saturday night when there was a wedding being held - the staff in the bar area were incredibly busy but polite and professional.

Palisade Restaurant - service efficient and professional - reasonable variety in menu - delicious food - reasonable wine list.
However, when checking in on 2nd occasion at reception, the receptionist indicated that she would book restaurant fo us.
When we arrived at restaurant, no record of booking.
Being a Saturday evening - the restaurant was crowded - fortunately the front of house - managed to find a table for us.

Both rooms were clean and comfortable with functional bathrooms with toiletries provided.

Hotel adheres to strict CV19 protocols.

Date of stay: May 2021
2  Thank vada
Vanessa Borg, Guest Services / Front Office at Novotel Wollongong Northbeach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2021

Good Afternoon Vada,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent experience. It is so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Providing exceptional customer service is very important for us here at Novotel Northbeach, so it is fantastic to hear that this was experienced during your stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed our newly opened Palisade Kitchen and Bar. My apologies that that your booking was not made as requested, I will bring this to light with our Front Office Manager to ensure that this error is not a future occurrence. Adhering to Covid-19 standards and procedures is very important for us, I am glad that this was acknowledged during your stay. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 May 2021 via mobile

Everything about my stay has been delightful. The ocean view room is spacious and the view is incredible. Every staff member I have spoken to has been friendly and helpful. Especially Gus in the bar. I came back from work after the kitchen shut. Gus braved the wrath of the chef in an effort to reopen the kitchen (no dice), had no joy with in room dining but managed to snaggle some crisps from room service. Talk about above and beyond!! I hadn’t had dinner so you can imagine my joy. I will definitely stay here again. Novotel, you have upped your game.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Vanessa Borg, Guest Services / Front Office at Novotel Wollongong Northbeach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2021

Hi Melissa H,
Thank you kindly for your feedback. It is so wonderful to hear that you had such a positive experience with us. Providing exceptional customer service is very important to us, so it is great that this was experienced. I look forward to accommodating you again soon!
Best Regards,