Lowest prices for your stay
US$161
US$163
US$159
SAVE US$4
Free cancellation until 21/06/26
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$159
CheapTicketsUS$159
getaroom.comUS$163
All reviews continental breakfast one bedroom apartment towradgi beach air conditioner wollongong cbd living area stayed for two nights long weekend facilities accommodation balcony gym roomy sofa
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 December 2020

Let me start by saying that I wouldn't normally write a negative review for a hotel. However, my experience with the way that my issue was resolved by the manager of Quality Suites Pioneer Sands has resulted in me reversing this opinion in an attempt to warn others.

To begin, the hotel didn’t have our beds ready on arrival. We had correctly booked 3 people into a 1 bedroom suite (1 x queen and 1x sofa). Housekeeping was shut and no linen had been left within the hotel room for us to make-up the sofa bed ourselves. Similarly, reception is vacant from 9.00 pm. Therefore I had to sleep on a couch.

Our room was clean, but it STANK of garlic or some similar cooking odour. It clearly needed deodorising - I'm not exaggerating. I was shocked that they would have used a room smelling like this. The balcony door was left ajar in an attempt diffuse the smell, however, it was obvious to me that an o-zone deodorising machine should have been used in this room prior to our arrival.

When I raised these issues the next day, I was told by the manager “I’m sorry, that shouldn't have happened”. That was it! They were happy to charge me for a service that they didn't provide - A BED! This unfortunately left me feeling like this place lacked a true sense of hospitality.
I did leave an outline of my experience via the hotels internal customer feedback platform. More infuriating was the response I later received from the manger. It was the standard cut and paste comment with no accountability or genuine concern ........
"Thank you for taking the time to write a review regards your recent stay at our hotel..... blah, blah, blah, crap, crap, and more crap"

That response again left me feeling underwhelmed, made worse by the fact that it came from the manager! Do these people actually know what hospitality is meant to be?
Honestly, I’m not trying to be rude or nasty - this is just a truthful recount of my experience at this hotel. Most people, I'm sure, would have great time here - provided they deliver what is expected. If you do have a problem though, I wouldn't anticipate that you'd get an appropriate response or resolution (sadly, even from the manger). They just don't care about meeting their guests basic expectations. I'll choose a different hotel next time. I'm hoping that the next customer isn't treated in the same manner.

Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank garytZ9242TM
Reviewed 11 July 2020

I've stayed here before for business, and now was a leisure trip. Sorry to say it was quite disappointing. The room was the same as last time - spacious, quite clean, modern, kitchen, free parking - but still has uncomfortable lounges. The bed is a bit hard, but we were provided with a blanket and extra doona to assist with this. The bedroom curtains won't keep the light out at dawn, but it's still an OK room. Understanding the issues of pandemic conditions, the problem was the hotel amenities were largely not operating but there wasn't enough info on this prior to arrival. It's not good enough to include in hotel amenities listings 'breakfast' 'fitness centre' and 'exercise room' when the gym is closed and the buffet breakfast not operating. Technically I could have ordered a continental breakfast the night before for delivery, but the room is not all that comfortable to sit around in. The website line 'Food and beverage options at this hotel may be limited or unavailable at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause' is included. If you can write that, you can write 'Gym Closed' and 'Buffet Breakfast' not available. The latter is made all the more pertinent given the adjacent Towradgi Hotel is also currently closed (for renovations), so dining options by foot are very limited. Had we had more info on dining limitations we would have booked elsewhere. On the upside there's plenty of sanitiser in the foyer areas and the staff are friendly.

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 8 June 2020 via mobile

We stayed here in a 1 bedroom apartment for 1 night over long weekend. It’s very close to North Wollongong restaurants, a $10 Uber ride.

The apartment was clean and had a kitchen with everything you would expect or need. There was an iron and ironing board in a cupboard. The bathroom was clean and had good water pressure. The double sized bed was comfortable.

The apartment had a large reverse cycle split system air conditioner which heated the apartment nicely. There was a television on lounge room which had some Foxtel channels and a television in the bedroom.

I would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to our next trim.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank cmatthews712019
Reviewed 6 March 2020

Traveled from Queensland for work, Quality Suites Pioneer Sands was the ideal accommodation. Clean and comfortable rooms, with easy access to the Towradgi Beach Hotel out the secure back gate for a relaxed evening meal.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed 29 October 2019

We came to woolongong to stay with family for a wedding.
It was $850 for a two night stay for 4 guests and 1 room.. if we stayed in separate rooms it would have been $450 per night.
I feel this was extremely overpriced.
The rooms were spacious, but only one bathroom and no ensuite??
Mirrors in only one bedroom, TV in only one bedroom and the room that had the TV the TV did not work.. we were compensated 4 coronas for this.
The front door only locked if slammed.
We were only provided fresh towels after our 2nd night there (the day we were leaving) and I felt we should have been provided fresh towels every day.
The beds were hard and hurt my back and as a mum of a special needs child who still wakes 2 hourly I could not wait to have a nice sleep on our weekend away. (That did not happen)
The most frustrating part was there was no separate fans or aircon in the bedrooms, so we had to leave our doors open and leave the main aircon on. Come on.. it is common sense that each room should have aircon units or fans in summer. We were staying with my in laws who wake at 6am and like to watch TV.. so it was rather frustrating that we could not close our doors
Tv had no foxtel and balcony was really just ugly
The pool was average with two huge shade sails so no sunbathing area and beach was a 1.5k walk.
The free breakfast was very bland and if you wanted anything more than toast, cereal, yogurt or baked items you had to pay..
For the price we paid I was disappointed.
We will stay in woolongong again but sorry to say we will take our custom elsewhere.
We are from the gold coast and paid $525 to stay in a luxury cottage for two nights in montville which had foxtel,a spa bath, amazing views, fans in all rooms, aircon, bacon and eggs for breakfast and champagne on arrival.. so when I was told I was paying $425 per night to stay in a shared room I expected a lot more.

Date of stay: October 2019