“Overpriced!!!”
Review of Pizzeria 50

Pizzeria 50
Ranked #162 of 480 Restaurants in Wollongong
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Shocking service and overpriced - too confident in their business.. pretty much kicked us all out after a couple of hours with my family to make more money with the next lot

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We went there once to try it out due to word of mouth - food was okay but service was atrocious. No beer on the menu as stated and people next to us got their order first - even though we had ordered first. Our order was misunderstood several times. Okay, second chance.
We were told the first time they opened that they did not take bookings - fair enough.
We went there for my partner’s 30th to be told that we did not have a booking.
...........
We told them that they informed us that did not take bookings the first time and they said they had changed their rules. Fine. Could they make an exception for my partner’s 30th birthday? No. We were happy to sit at the bar. No. They had too many napkins and unwashed dishes there to make space. So thank you for ruining my partner’s 30th birthday dinner and essentially kicking us out and thank you for showing us that Lupa’s is actually the best authentic Italian restaurant in Wollongong. I will never forget the pretentious attitude of your staff, your average doughy food, cramped and stuffy ambience, and your inability to be hospitable or apologetic. This is not Sydney and this is not how you succeed in Wollongong, where word of mouth is key to success.

2  Thank Karen T
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went here for my husbands birthday dinner. They have 2 sittings, we had a later one. We had the Aranchini balls, which were the best I’ve had for a long time. Then we had a pizza to share. The base of the pizza was thin and delicious. My son had meatballs, then had the gnocchi. He said it was very tasty. The service was fantastic, friendly and explained everything. We’ll certainly be back, and highly recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had some good pizzas and gnocci over the years but these were the best!
Although a noisy night it added to the atmosphere of the warm and friendly resturant!
The waitresses and service were fantastic cant wait to go back!

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

We all went as a large group for a birthday. We shared various pizzas and pastas. The pizzas are very thin and not overly filling. You don’t have that sick feeling that you get sometimes after eating other pizza. The meatballs were also very good