Open today: 08:00 - 21:00

from US$163,88
More Info
from US$336,75
More Info
All reviews canyoning experience new zealand gibbston valley beautiful scenery ross canoeing abseil activity company introduction excitement thrill
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The trip was not as adventurous as was advertised, we did not slide down waterfalls or jump into pools or absail. We were lowered down the slides and the guide was controlling our absail descent and there was no jumping into anything. It was very tame, the whole family was disappointed with the experience. It was still somewhat enjoyable. The guide was really nice.

Date of experience: January 2021
Reviewed 17 November 2020

This was very different to my only other previous canyoning experience 4 years ago which had more abseiling. This felt more challenging, perhaps I was fitter and younger then. We had a great time with 2 others and Ross, the guide. I had a headache halfway through the canyon and it lasted 20 minutes. At first I thought I was dehydrated as it was a warm day but once I loosened my helmet slightly the headache went away. I was quite slow on the canyon as I was worried I might slip. Thankfully everyone was patient (perhaps silently cursing). We enjoyed the ziplines/zipslides the most! Thank you Ross and Canyoning NZ. We might return to try other canyoning trips if I get fitter and more confident.

Date of experience: November 2020
JuliannaCools, Owner at Canyoning New Zealand, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2020

Hey!
Thank you for this great review and awesome to hear that you enjoyed this experience! Ross is amazing and will always be there to make you feel safe and not pressured to move fast!
Life can be challenging sometimes so to embrace an experience like this will create strength to overcome anything that comes your way!
We would love to welcome you back to join us on our full day canyoning trip and until then we wish you all the best with your future adventures!
Marata Cooney

Reviewed 17 October 2020 via mobile

Our tour guide Ross was awesome. My partner and I were lucky to do the experience on our own as no one else booked. Loved every minute and can't wait for November to do a full day!

JuliannaCools, Owner at Canyoning New Zealand, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2020

Hi There,
Thank you for your great review! Ross is awesome and takes pride in what he does!
Even with a full trip, we like to keep our numbers down so that our customers are not waiting for their turn for too long also making this a more personalized trip! Great to hear that you loved every minute of our trip and we certainly look forward to taking you on our full day trip soon!
Marata Cooney

Reviewed 11 March 2020

This was an absolute treat and one of the favorite things I did in New Zealand! I did the full day option in Mt. Aspiring National Park with Andrew and Ross. Both were so fun, very professional, and made the experience as enjoyable as possible. Everything is very personalized and was an incredible introduction to canyoning. I absolutely loved it and couldn't recommend this company more!

Date of experience: March 2020
JuliannaCools, Owner at Canyoning New Zealand, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2020

Thank you for your review and so awesome to hear that our trip was a favourite! We absolutely love what we do so for you to experience this and feel the same makes it all worth while! Thank you for coming on our trip and all the best!
Marata

Reviewed 20 February 2020

As a first time canyoner I could not fault my experience with "Canyoning New Zealand". The guide certainly knew what he was doing and made everyone feel safe. The half day should still be considered a challenge but it has made me feel like I'd like to do the full day with this organisation.
Great job and thanks to Ross for leading

Date of experience: February 2020
1  Thank 311nigela

Thank you for your review! Awesome shout out to Ross and I will be sure to pass this on! We take such pride in our work and what our backyard has to offer so for you to notice this is amazing!
All the best with your future adventures and thanks for coming on our trip!
Marata